Biggest trunk!

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Not her, the tree, the tree! The biggest cypress tree in the Mobile AL Delta, believed to be 400 years old.

delta_dressthe_big_tree.jpg

The Holy Log, local landmark on the way to the big cypress tree.

deltas_winter_dress_the_holy_log.jpg

Vultures waiting for a snack. They're across from a hunting camp where hunters discard deer carcasses. So they wait...

deltas_winter_dress_vulture_city.jpg

She's running a close second to the tree. Reminds me of the old commercial "Where's the beef". Obviously she's a female burger. No more beef, just bigger buns. :D

749ACFCD-5358-417B-9EAA-9B9923CAE5D9.jpeg

Not even worth an honorable mention out here in California. The General Sherman Tree is around 2,500 years old and 102 feet in circumference.

My bad... the title of the thread said "Biggest Trunk", not "Biggest Cypress Trunk". Just sayin...

Yeah but the title may have been referring to the woman, or the tree. Then it was cleared up in the title of the first picture. Ah well, guess ya missed the humor of it.

Yeah but the title may have been referring to the woman, or the tree. Then it was cleared up in the title of the first picture. Ah well, guess ya missed the humor of it.
No, I got the humor, just a little thread drift. Without it, the thread would die a fast death.

No, I got the humor, just a little thread drift. Without it, the thread would die a fast death.
.....yeah, let's just let it persist in its own misery a bit more. :(

I've been to this tree:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/91232fe2-e149-5e13-a84a-2955082b92ae.html

Largest bur oak in MO. Sits in the middle of nowhere, just a really big 400yo tree all by itself. It's about 1/4 mile or so off the Katy Trail in central MO. Katy Trail is a reclaimed railroad line (Missouri-Kansas-Texas (MKT) railroad) that's now a bike trail that stretches across the State.

I've been to this tree:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/91232fe2-e149-5e13-a84a-2955082b92ae.html

Largest bur oak in MO. Sits in the middle of nowhere, just a really big 400yo tree all by itself. It's about 1/4 mile or so off the Katy Trail in central MO. Katy Trail is a reclaimed railroad line (Missouri-Kansas-Texas (MKT) railroad) that's now a bike trail that stretches across the State.

Wonder why that road couldn't be moved a little further away from the tree, or why it was built that close to begin with. Car hits that tree coming around that curve the tree will win.

Back