Big thanks to Tony Condon

James_Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Eggman
I'd like to give a public thanks to Tony Condon. He did an IPC for me this last week and as usual it was a pleasure to fly with him. He is a great instructor and I can recommed him highly.

He was also kind enough to invite me to the weekly meeting at the Green Castle Aeroclub for a steak and some hangar flying. That is obviously a group who cares deeply about the joy of flying.

James Dean

I'll second... errr.. THIRD that sentiment. I did my IR training with Tony. If he can teach ME to fly instruments, he can probably teach a monkey to tap dance. Great relaxing and well informed instructor!

I'll also second the comment about Green Castle. Great group of folks! Very welcoming to a new comer. It's what GA was meant to be.

awww thanks guys... Ive never flown with a PoA'er who wasnt pretty damn good. we have a great group of pilots here.

And green Castle steak is good, and its there every week, so come on over, ill be there most every week.

He's a pretty good stick, too. He got 0.3 in my Seneca, and got a landing without first having had the benefit of airwork or a good look at the lading persepctive (departing Gaston's).

Another guy to whom the airframe "talks". :)

He's a pretty good stick, too. He got 0.3 in my Seneca, and got a landing without first having had the benefit of airwork or a good look at the lading persepctive (departing Gaston's).

Another guy to whom the airframe "talks". :)

He swears his Cherokee sailplane talks to him and sometimes late at night out at the end of the long row of T hangers I hear him talking back.

It's kinda creepy.

MM

thanks bruce, it was great getting to fly with the master. While I had never flown your seneca I do have about 35 hrs in Seneca I, which I got my multi and MEI in, but its been a few years. and the airframes talk to all of us, some just seem to not listen.

I'm fairly airframe deaf, but Tony does a great job with his subtle sign language (e.g., the occasional slap on the back of the head).

I have a great time flying with him, and I hope to get an IR with his help one of these days. If only those darn gauges weren't so expensive.

think one of these would fit in the 140? maybe need a beefier generator.

G600a.gif

Other than being in the back while he was right seat in Steve's IAR, I've never flown with Tony. However, I've asked him a lot of dumb questions over the last year. He always has the right answer and never treats me like an idiot (though he probably should). Thanks, Tony.

He swears his Cherokee sailplane talks to him and sometimes late at night out at the end of the long row of T hangers I hear him talking back.

It's kinda creepy.

MM
Um...didn't you sell him that ship? maybe you're just afraid they're talking about you? ;)

Fly safe!

David

edit: disregard...that was a Woodstock that you had, wasn't it?

Last edited:
nah dave, matt didnt sell me the Cherokee, although he did push me to buy it. Another club member owned it, although Matt was heavily involved with that guy acquiring and restoring it.

When Tony was helping me with commercial manoevers at Gastons, he covered up my instruments :eek: ...but it helped:) . I thank Tony too.

One rare trait that sets Tony above most other CFIs, is his ability to reason why someone has done a particular action, not just recognize and classify the action.

Well Lance if you hadnt been staring at them during your lazy 8s I wouldnt have covered them up :) Dave, I like to think thats true. As much as I grumbled about FOI during my training, I certainly enjoy trying to get in my students mind and figure out what they are thinking to determine why they made a certain action.

Having .5 (or so) logged with Tony as CFI, I can say that he is right up there with the best CFIs I've ever flown with (if not the best, he's definitely top 2).

So I also give my hearty recommendation to anyone considering his services.

And of course, I subsequently (?) let Lance look at the panel a LOT, and had him narrate the federal description as we tried to do it within a 400 foot vertical profile.

edit: disregard...that was a Woodstock that you had, wasn't it?

yep Matt still has the Woodstock. After setting state and making unofficial national records with it in 2002 and 2003 it hasnt flown a lot, but he pulls it out every now and then.

And of course, I subsequently (?) let Lance look at the panel a LOT, and had him narrate the federal description as we tried to do it within a 400 foot vertical profile.
I also had to narrate the cloud separation requirements of E airspace as I did chandelles:rolleyes: .
It was fun with both of you guys. BTW, I had a checkride scheduled for July 11, but I had to cancel because of a business trip to Germany. Don't know when I'll get another slot.

Back