Big TFR in Hawaii

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
So folks in Hawaii wil have the 30nm TFR from Dec 21 to Jan 6. Absolutely absurd but nothing anyone can do about it. My question - I live in Colorado. Why did the FAA send me a notice? During election season I only got the ones within 300 miles or so.

I don't know, I got it too....

What do you bet the distance calculator for the e-mail alerts has a bug when you input lat/longs as far away as Hawaii? ;)

Maybe in case you have a holiday trip planned to Hawaii and wanted to take aunt Leilani for a flight?

Well, at least we know where POTUS will be, and not in DC settling the fiscal cliff debates.

On one of the cable channels last week there was a documentary about Presidential travel. The cost involved was absolutely staggering and obscene. One hour of AF1 time alone was in the range of $190k, and then of course there are back up to AF1 and large cargo planes to transport vehicles, the cost of accommodating staff incl. SS. I recall that the Hawaii TFR with 30 nm last time around did disable all local GA commercial traffic [sight seeing tours and the like] as well as all other VFR traffic. To be considerate, POTUS and family could seek their R&R more locally at Camp David...

On one of the cable channels last week there was a documentary about Presidential travel. The cost involved was absolutely staggering and obscene. One hour of AF1 time alone was in the range of $190k, and then of course there are back up to AF1 and large cargo planes to transport vehicles, the cost of accommodating staff incl. SS. I recall that the Hawaii TFR with 30 nm last time around did disable all local GA commercial traffic [sight seeing tours and the like] as well as all other VFR traffic. To be considerate, POTUS and family could seek their R&R more locally at Camp David...

And, to keep this out of the Spin Zone, it doesn't matter who the POTUS is, this circus happens. The problem with chosing Oahu for a vacation is that he shuts down all GA on the island, except flights leaving or arriving from other islands, and then only if they can stay out of that inner 10 mile radius circle. There's a lot of money lost by aviation businesses during what should be a busy time of year. Darned inconsiderate of the POTUS, if you ask me.

Back