Big Pig!

Would you still call 'em "Babyback Ribs"?

That ought to feed someone for a few decades!

Yeah, that Rosie sure is a...huh?...wha'?...Oh! THAT pig. My bad.

Had a buddy who went boar hunting with his compound bow. If I remember right he was pulling 75lbs. Well, he hits this boar square in what he thought was the vitals, just rear of the shoulder. Apparently they have a thick bone plate there. So, this first arrow gets the boar's attention. The second arrow to the same spot just makes it mad. With the third arrow the boar spots him and charges. The guide says drop everything and run! The boar chased him up a tree as the guide circled back around and finished it with his sidearm. The third arrow had cracked the bone plate. Tough animal, and this one was normal size.

On the news last night they said he shot it 11 times! I just can't imagine an animal taking 11 shots from a .500 S&W magnum! :eek:

That picture of the kid with the boar is a trick shot. Note how the kid is focus but the pig isn't? He['s standing far behind the pig to make it look bigger but the photog had the kid fold his arm like he was resting on the pig.

There's another picture with the boar hanging that shows it isn't THAT much bigger than the kid.

It's the same way they made a giant Will Ferrelf sitting on Bob Newhart's lap in "Elf."

Last edited:
Not escaped. They bought it.

It was hunted in a (large?) penned area at The Lost Creek Plantation hunting camp.

I totally agree with your viewpoint. I would just change it to say:

"it was "hunted" ..."

that ain't hunting. That's pathetic. Reminds me of the mountain lion that was "hunted" by some fee-paying, credit-card bozo in a "hunting preserve" ... he shot it as it was cowering under a bus. :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
I totally agree with your viewpoint. I would just change it to say:

"it was "hunted" ..."

that ain't hunting. That's pathetic. Reminds me of the mountain lion that was "hunted" by some fee-paying, credit-card bozo in a "hunting preserve" ... he shot it as it was cowering under a bus. :mad: :mad:

I've been a hunter since my father began taking me at about age 10 or so, and I agree 100% with you about this type of "hunting". Killing what is essentially a caged animal is so far beyond what I consider sportsman like conduct that it just boggles my mind how someone can even call it hunting.

I agree with the statements of thiss type of "hunting". Just go out and buy a large ham or something.

That's kinda like congratulating yourself for cutting down a Giant Sequoia that was 1000yrs old.:rolleyes:

I've been a hunter since my father began taking me at about age 10 or so, and I agree 100% with you about this type of "hunting". Killing what is essentially a caged animal is so far beyond what I consider sportsman like conduct that it just boggles my mind how someone can even call it hunting.

You and me both. No sport in that at all.

As an avid hunter for over 30 years this type of story just makes all of us look bad:mad:
I've been offered free hunts within enclosed areas and declined as it goes against everything I was taught by my late father.

I thought hunting was a sport because it is a competition of sort between the prey in their natural habitat and the hunter. I would hardly call a sealed environment a natural habitat.

These folks are pretty sad and have done nothing but possibly cause a great deal of ridicule for the kid.

As an avid hunter for over 30 years this type of story just makes all of us look bad:mad:
I've been offered free hunts within enclosed areas and declined as it goes against everything I was taught by my late father.

That's the kind of duck hunting that Dick Cheney enjoyed and what he was doing when he peppered his buddy. I heard that they bring the ducks in a truck and throw them put and up for the "hunters."

That's the kind of duck hunting that Dick Cheney enjoyed and what he was doing when he peppered his buddy. I heard that they bring the ducks in a truck and throw them put and up for the "hunters."
I thought they were hunting quail on open farmland?

Back