Biannual flight review for a recently recently certified Flight Instructor.

Because of what? What is the “it” you are using in this case to pre-judge the “weight” of an opinion? Just trying to understand what you mean.
Someone who keeps to themselves and acts reclusive in-person but fires off at people behind a keyboard makes it hard to have respect for that person, because they’re portraying an online persona that doesn’t match their in-person behavior. I’ve seen it several times at various fly-in’s.

Someone who keeps to themselves and acts reclusive in-person but fires off at people behind a keyboard makes it hard to have respect for that person, because they’re portraying an online persona that doesn’t match their in-person behavior. I’ve seen it several times at various fly-in’s.

So I did take your meaning correctly. Introverts deserve no respect and their opinions are suspect. Yikes.
Kinda funny calling people that go to fly-ins reclusive. You seem confused.

So I did take your meaning correctly. Introverts deserve no respect and their opinions are suspect. Yikes.
Kinda funny calling people that go to fly-ins reclusive. You seem confused.
I’m not sure you understand what I’m trying to say. If you’re (and I’m speaking in general terms) an introvert in-person, which is totally fine, don’t change the way you interact with people just because you’re online. When the online persona is polar opposite from the in-person behavior, why should I respect someone for being a doorknob behind a keyboard, but they’re shy and quiet as a mouse in person? That doesn’t add up.

Seems you did miss my point. It wasn’t that you should know everything without looking it up. It was that you should know important things, like what are the required things for you to be legal to fly, for example, without looking them up. Granted, it’s just my opinion, but I’d want my CFI to be freshly versed on that sort of thing.

No, I get it, but do not agree. We also do not agree on what is important to be memorized cold and what isn't. Why is it even relevant to you for your CFI to know if a CFI checkride counts as a flight review, and how would you know whether he or she knows or not? Why would it come up?

I’m not sure you understand what I’m trying to say. If you’re (and I’m speaking in general terms) an introvert in person, which is totally fine, don’t change the way you interact with people online. When the online persona is polar opposite from the in-person behavior, why should I respect someone for being a doorknob behind a keyboard, but shy as a mouse in person? That doesn’t add up.
You obviously do not understand introverts at all. But you disrespect them.

No, I get it, but do not agree. We also do not agree on what is important to be memorized cold and what isn't. Why is it even relevant to you for your CFI to know if a CFI checkride counts as a flight review, and how would you know whether he or she knows or not? Why would it come up?
Hopefully @Salty clearly communicates to his instructors what he wants them to be freshly versed on before he hires them.

You obviously do not understand introverts at all.

Because introverts are shy with in-person interaction, they’re able to make up for it and act like a doorknob behind a keyboard? Got it! :confused2:

Because introverts are shy with in-person interaction, they’re able to make up for it and act like a doorknob behind a keyboard? Got it! :confused2:
All introverts are always wrong, and always doorknobs. That’s what you are saying. You’re the one making blanket statements about people and judging the worth of their comments based on it. Personally, I’d call that doorknobish, although there are more accurate terms.

We disagree often. We also agree often. What you don’t see is me saying extroverts are doorknobs and should be ignored because of it.

Interesting that THIS Cap'n Ron asks a question like that. The LAST Capn Ron would have known the answer right away...

All introverts are always wrong, and always doorknobs. That’s what you are saying. You’re the one making blanket statements about people and judging the worth of their comments based on it. Personally, I’d call that doorknobish, although there are more accurate terms.
Salty, that’s not at all what I’ve said, you’ve missed my point entirely. I said those who have double sided personalities (in-person vs. online) introvert or not have zero respect from me.

Salty, that’s not at all what I’ve said, you’ve missed my point entirely. I said those who have double sided personalities (in-person vs. online) introvert or not have zero respect from me.
how do you determine that they have "double sided personalities"?

how do you determine that they have "double sided personalities"?
Because I’ve met a few of them. Quiet as a mouse in person, loud and noisy behind the keyboard. Just an observation...

Because I’ve met a few of them. Quiet as a mouse in person, loud and noisy behind the keyboard. Just an observation...
Maybe behind the keyboard they’re willing to talk because they don’t have to say “shut the **** up, I’m trying to talk” like they would in person. So they’re actually being more polite online.

Maybe behind the keyboard they’re willing to talk because they don’t have to say “shut the **** up, I’m trying to talk” like they would in person. So they’re actually being more polite online.
Lol that isn’t the case. I’m not trying to be harsh, I’m just speaking from my own observations at various POA gatherings over the years. Point being, there’s no need to act differently online than you would in person.

If only that was the case. I’m not being harsh, I’m just speaking from my own observations at various POA gatherings over the years.
Unfortunately your observations are based solely on actions, but intent is assumed.

I talk a lot more online than I ever do anywhere face to face. I still have the same opinions and all, just less likely to share them. I don't think I have a persona...but on the other hand, I doubt I would have the guts to say anything in real life if I met any of you guys... LOL

Back