Best-Worst As Seen On TV crap you bought

Eric Stoltz

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
ES
In the spirit of Cyber Monday, let's pay homage to the best-worst crap you bought from the as seen on TV craze of today and yesterday.

What was the end-all-thst-beats-all doohicky on tv piece of junk that you thought would change the phase of the moon if you bought same?

I thought these were the last sunglasses I'd ever need:

Today's Blue Blockahs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Since my 55” Samsung ‘smart TV’ went down the crapper(wife thought it was to big) I just bought some ammo and a red dot sight from Palmetto State Armory. The big weekend is almost over & I haven’t bought chit yet.

Gator Grip..... worked more like a Greasy Grip. Broke when trying to torque a bolt at more than hand tight.

There’s a “As Seen On Tv” store near me. I occasionally stop in to see how much I’ve missed by not buying that stuff.

Cheers

Worst: Eggstractor
Best: Power Air Fryer Oven

Note: Best is relative of course! It does work really well for reheating egg rolls or tempura so they are still crunchy. Microwave tends to make them mush.

There’s a “As Seen On Tv” store near me. I occasionally stop in to see how much I’ve missed by not buying that stuff.

Cheers

Yes, there is one in the mall near me as well. I do not frequent the mall. Malls make me ill. I visit the mall once a year unless I really know what I want to get people for Christmas and order it on the Zon. But every time I see him, the Pakistani guy looks bored and nobody is in his store. Except for me to see how much I've missed by not buying that stuff. Seriously, the place is worse than Brookstone.

I take that back. At least some of the "As Seen" items are somewhat useful.

I bought a set of Ginsu knives (from Amazon), but they were their higher quality line and they have worked out well. They were on sale. Their Chikara series. They got good reviews.

My parents bought us a Ronco rotisserie grill (“Just set it and forget it!”). That thing makes the best chicken. And we’ve been doing the Thanksgiving turkey in it the past few years... best turkey ever!

O M G......there is one for the dog as well..???
Yup....the do-it-yourself dog wash I use (after a muddy afternoon at the off leash dog park) gave my dog one for Christmas last year. He hates it, does everything he can to wiggle out of it.

Best: Copper Chef cooking kit.

Worst: InventHelp. $10k for some crude drawings posted at a trade show, and a patent that was rejected.

Furniture Feet worked out pretty good. Old adhesive had caked up on the bottom of the chair and new felt had a hard time sticking, so these fit the bill. Only problem is that these things are way overpriced for what they are. However, the Bed Bath & Beyond coupon helped soften the blow.

Who's gonna fess up to using spray on hair? Someone must have bought this stuff or else they wouldn't be selling it...right!!!???

View attachment 69450
my barber sprayed that stuff on the back of my head for my sister's wedding (30 years ago). It was pretty good stuff (for a one-time special occasion). Don't think it lasted the whole day... It was depressing going bald for the second time.:rolleyes:

My wife bought me one of these. I rolled my eyes and wondered out loud how many times I'd told her not to buy me tools. Her idea of a real tool and mine are different.

I've used it several times where it made my job a lot easier!! I was wrong, but I still look over both shoulders before getting it out to make sure she doesn't see me using it.

9dd69b475a49915828ba87a339be9704.jpg

Mom had a pocket fisherman back in the 70s and used it quite a bit. Her mother lived in the middle of nowhere and you had to cross a few creeks to get there and as a kid we spent a lot of summers at my grandparents'. More often than not we'd stop at one of the creeks and she'd break out her pocket fisherman while us kids just played around. I'd say it had to be a niche market, but they sold millions of those things.

There are a lot of things that seem appealing. The stick-on LED lights. cop cam. My son walked in the room the other day when the ad for the Grandpad came on and he thought it was an SNL spoof ad.

There are a lot of mainstream things we buy/use today that started out as gimmicks on infomercials.

But I've never ordered an item from tv.

Best: Hurricane Mop (comes with 10 year warranty, so once the pedal no longer works, you can exchange for a new one at Bed Bath and Beyond-- did it last year)

Worst: WaxVac earwax vacuum

Not a gift, I paid for it. About $16-17 with shipping and handling.

The worst piece of crap ever invented. Did NOTHING.
Maybe it was intended to be an attachment to a Dyson rollaround wonderball vacuum?

Back