Best way to find a flying / flight mentor

Alani

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AlaniPhantom
Before officially joining this site I've read many many posts from the sidelines and it's been very educational, and many times funny as hell. Sometimes my spouse randomly pokes in and asks why I'm seated by myself laughing :oops:
Now that I have embarked on my journey towards my PPL (target goal is multi-engine), I've often come here to look up certain items that my learning isn't quite clarifying.
Is there a way to find a flight mentor among the many experienced folks here? I think it'll be cool to leverage experience and some guidance along the way and beyond.

Ask a bunch of stupid questions here. You'll get a million answers that half contradict the other half, but it will make you think and you'll learn things that had nothing to do with your question.

Sorry, we're in the MSP area. There's got to be quite a few here on POA from your neck of the woods!

Now that I have embarked on my journey towards my PPL (target goal is multi-engine), I've often come here to look up certain items that my learning isn't quite clarifying. Is there a way to find a flight mentor among the many experienced folks here?

I think you just did.:D Most pilots (me included) would rather talk about flying than most other things and when you do it in a forum like here everyone named as well as lurking learns stuff.

Once you get your PPL consider joining a club. You not only likely get a nicer plane at less money but you also get a bunch of guys who want to fly and like to help.

PM me and I’ll try to answer your questions as much as I can.

Be careful of this guy Alani. He's an expert in melons, but I'm not sure he knows what the hell he's talking about when it comes to airplanes! :p

haha melons? of what kind? :eek:

The kind that’s the perfect marriage between firm and supple.

He actually knows his s*** when it comes to airplanes too. :)

Go hang out at a local airport or two. find out where and when the airport bums hang out.

Back