Best Twin Engine Under $60k

We all do. He just does more of it. I like his posts, though.

Yea I liked them also.

If anyone ever asked me who knew the most about a wide variety of topics.... Henning is the answer, hands down.

Yea I liked them also.

If anyone ever asked me who knew the most about a wide variety of topics.... Henning is the answer, hands down.

????

I liked his posts too....'cuz they were entertaining. But knowing the most? That is debatable. Well over half of his prolific posts were absolute BS.

????

I liked his posts too....'cuz they were entertaining. But knowing the most? That is debatable. Well over half of his prolific posts were absolute BS.

You are really thinking somebody would want to debate you over Henning knowing the most???

Forums are entertainment, and he entertained with his knowledge, or his confidence in his knowledge, with or without any basis for such confidence.

I miss the value Wayne, Bruce, and Henning contributed. For their own reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Twinkies come down that much? Last I was looking (about 3 years ago), they were running at least $80k to get a good one.

The price of any twin is in the toilet now and has been for years. When I sell an airplane, I price it to sell within 30 days. Usually I make that time limit but not always. (I've purchased 15 airplanes and sold 14 so I have a bit of an understanding of how this is done) I had listed my TC at a higher price and it didn't sell so after 30 days I re-listed it at a bit lower price (5% less) and it sold within 24 hours.

Of course I buy airplanes right too so I can afford to sell them without listing at top dollar and waiting and waiting and waiting.

I have very, very little in my current P337 and it is an amazing airplane with tremendous capability - for almost nothing.

I have very, very little in my current P337 and it is an amazing airplane with tremendous capability - for almost nothing.

The early 337, doesn't have that great of a reputation. IO-360- overtemps in the rear position has been a long time problem.

But with proper training I see no big problems with the 337

The early 337, doesn't have that great of a reputation. IO-360- overtemps in the rear position has been a long time problem.

But with proper training I see no big problems with the 337
What's the trick to keeping the rear cool?

All I know is that he would "play expert" in my fields of expertise (as he did in almost every field imaginable) when in reality he had no clue what he was talking about. That made me suspect every post he made.

i.e. if he has no clue but still blows smoke about the stuff I know, he likely has no clue in many other areas he pretends to know also.

I'm confident that Henning had his areas of knowledge, what they were though, I'm not sure because he blew so much smoke.

I also caught him cutting and pasting google searches on occasion. Do a quick google search then pretend to be an expert on a topic seemed to be one of his fortes.

Yeah, it was entertaining, just not productive. And worse, confusing for those actually trying to obtain good advice here.

All I know is that he would "play expert" in my fields of expertise (as he did in almost every field imaginable) when in reality he had no clue what he was talking about. That made me suspect every post he made.

I think Henning was actually a bot - someone's elaborate attempt at creating an AI. The program would seek out new posts, run a web search for answers, and create a mostly believable response. That's how he was so incredibly prolific with his posting. :wink2:

But like most information gleaned only from searches of Wikipedia and the like, you end up with an answer that might fool the unsuspecting, but lacks a deeper understanding to fool the folks that actually know what they're talking about.

That was the 336 (fixed gear version). When they went to wheels that did the funky chicken dance when going up into the belly, they also put a scoop that directs cool air to the rear engine. My rear engine runs 10ºF warmer than my front engine.

i.e. if he has no clue but still blows smoke about the stuff I know, he likely has no clue in many other areas he pretends to know also.

I'm confident that Henning had his areas of knowledge, what they were though, I'm not sure because he blew so much smoke.

I also caught him cutting and pasting google searches on occasion. Do a quick google search then pretend to be an expert on a topic seemed to be one of his fortes.

Yeah, it was entertaining, just not productive. And worse, confusing for those actually trying to obtain good advice here.

Yea I could see that point of view. I never fact checked him, maybe it was his frequency of posting+entertainment value= what I thought was good information.

Lol f' it. Oh well haha

Back