Best place to subscribe to Sectional Charts?

inav8r

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mike B.
My home base is one of those god forsaken places that lie on the corner of four charts... In fact, my next 80nm XC requires 3 charts! Yes, 3 charts to go 80 miles...

I'm currently subscribed to 3 charts from Sporty's (and I do like their service) but now that I need the forth chart I'm wondering if there isn't a more competitively priced alternative?

inav8r said:
I'm currently subscribed to 3 charts from Sporty's (and I do like their service) but now that I need the forth chart I'm wondering if there isn't a more competitively priced alternative?

A couple to consider:

Vrotate.com/APS Charts - http://www.vrotate.com/subscription_info.html

Airways - http://www.flyairways.com/pilotsshop/index.cfm?CatID=51

As the Vrotate.com website will note, price isn't the only factor to consider; shipping can kill. When doing your comparison shopping always compute the total, delivered price.

Ed Guthrie said:
A couple to consider:

Vrotate.com/APS Charts - http://www.vrotate.com/subscription_info.html
I subscribe to the Great Lakes area sectionals and A/FDs via APS charts and am generally satisfied with their service and prices. Once an A/FD failed to arrive by the effective date, and I have seen one or two spurious charges from them on my credit card, but this is over a 2 year period and I've always been able to clear things up with a quick phone call.

Liz

Ed Guthrie said:
When doing your comparison shopping always compute the total, delivered price.
Thanks Ed. I think the lesson learned here is to just pay the $8.00 plus tax at the FBO cuz in all cases it's cheaper...

inav8r said:
Thanks Ed. I think the lesson learned here is to just pay the $8.00 plus tax at the FBO cuz in all cases it's cheaper...

Plus it puts a couple pennies in the pockets of your local merchants :)

Joe Williams said:
Plus it puts a couple pennies in the pockets of your local merchants :)

True.

If I have something coming up that she doesn't usually carry the sectionals, AF/Ds, etc for she will order them and not charge me shipping/handling.

I've let all my subscriptions go and gave her a list of things I want on a routine basis.

inav8r said:
It doesn't work well for me, though. I typically take off very early in the morning and the pilot shops aren't open. I've also had trouble getting some sectionals from different FBO's (they run out, typically).

I use Sporty's. The price differences are minimal (imho) and it puts me in the running for the C172 later. ;)

Brian Austin said:
and it puts me in the running for the C172 later. ;)
Keep your grubby little paws off my plane! :D

I use mypilotstore.com. Shipping is free for charts, and you can subscribe.
--Kath

The FBO here at Brandwine provides a chart subscription service -- I tell them what charts I want and they automatically appear in my hangar when the new ones (and A/FD) are issued. Other FBO's ay do something similar.

I use a subscription service through www.ipilot.com

Free shipping on charts and minimal shipping on AFDs and Terminal Procs. Show up in the mail in time to replace the expired ones.

Back