Best pilot pick up lines.

Well, I'm back on the market for the first time in 13 years. So I see this thread and I think to myself, "Self, that's a really interesting thread. Maybe the single pilots will help me out with the very rusty dating skills."

Instead, I get a bunch of doom and gloom from Jesse and Tony about how this pilot stuff won't have the ladies breaking down the door. The PhD in engineering's still a total chick magnet though, right?

Chris

"Hey baby, come on up in my plane and I'll show you how to work the trim."

OK, that's bad. :rolleyes:

cwyckham said:
The PhD in engineering's still a total chick magnet though, right?

Chris
No, but the Porsche that those credentials will enable you to afford might help.

jkaduk said:
No, but the Porsche that those credentials will enable you to afford might help.

LOL. I'm afraid New Zealand engineers are paid squat. In the US I would have been making something like 80-100k straight out of grad school. Here, I'm making $55k (NZD). Taking into account cost of living, etc., that's probably about $50k USD. I'm obviously not here for the money.

So will my Nissan Pulsar help? It gets much better mileage than a Porsche.

Chris

Wanna see why they call it a "joystick?" (Got me an elbow to the ribs)

wbarnhill said:
List your best, your worst, or your funniest.

Aviation related preferred, but not necessary.

Bring it on :D

Well, if you're trying to pick up a pilot, "I have food" works for most, and "I have beer" will get you the rest.

My second date was taking my later wife up flying. She was afraid the door would open during flight. A few years later, after divorce, I was wishing that C-152 door really did open easy!

Offer to take girl of your interest and her boyfriend flying...make sure it is a hot hazy summer day...use a Grumman Tiger...have boyfriend sit in the back seat for weight and balance reasons...do wingovers 'till boyfriend pukes. Works every time...well at least every time I've tried it.

Len

I ask if they want to go get something to eat, when they ask where, i say Pittsburgh,Philly,or anywhere you want that has a airport. Their eyes light up and usually say let's go.
Dave G.

Hey baby, can I park my plane in your hanger?

Going up to a girl and telling her your a pilot..is never..ever going to work.

However saying "I'm flying up to XYZ (a great local) for lunch, come with me". Well that was the first date with my fiancé

However saying "I'm flying up to XYZ (a great local) for lunch, come with me". Well that was the first date with my fiancé

That can work, ONCE, although many won't have any interest in doing that until they get to know you better. Ultimately being a pilot isn't going to be the difference whatsoever.

After painfully managing to read all of those... I can see why women aren't interested in pilots anymore.

Also, that was some kind of thread revival.

That can work, ONCE, although many won't have any interest in doing that until they get to know you better. Ultimately being a pilot isn't going to be the difference whatsoever.

Indeed

I knew her before hand, still it beats the heck out of most first date ideas Ive seen :yes:

When i was young and single i steered clear of anything aviation related. If i was talking to a girl in a pub and she asked what we did, i'd say my fiends and i were heavy equipment operators from out of town, here to do a job for the mine. Which was 100% true. No one cares that the equipment has 4 propellors and a cargo ramp.

I was flying my SNJ at an airshow and was approached by a Hooker in the bar after the show. I told her "My airplane costs $600 an hour to fly. How about we trade rides." She didn't go for it. Don

When i was young and single i steered clear of anything aviation related. If i was talking to a girl in a pub and she asked what we did, i'd say my fiends and i were heavy equipment operators from out of town, here to do a job for the mine. Which was 100% true. No one cares that the equipment has 4 propellors and a cargo ramp.

I don't understand your embarrassment of the profession :dunno:

I someone asks what I do for work, I tell them I'm a pilot, it's what I do and I feel no reason to try to hide it.

I once read that the top pickup line at Club Med was "do you do cocaine?" The most successful womanizer I ever met was my old roommate Benji, who had a string of utterly gorgeous young woman come through his door. His secret was drugs, of which he did a lot.

The down side was obvious. He was a chief in the Navy, and from the sounds of it was fairly good at it except for, you guessed it. While I lived with him I saw him fired from a biotech company at which he was providing janitorial services. You can guess why.

The really sad one was the other roomie, Boyd. He had a degree in Biology from a college and had a good job as a technician at a small biotech firm. They let him go after he dumped $30K worth of column material on the floor. I suspect mind-altering substances were involved. I can tell you that effectively ended Boyd's career in Biotechnology.

I hope the girls were worth it. Were I in the market for such things (thankfully I'm not) I think I'd make positive comments about an article of clothing.

The family friend that flies the 747-400 got tired of people on layovers asking the usual dumb questions of pilots so he just says he drives an 18-wheeler. :)

If I could rearrange the letters in the alphabet, would you give me a blowjob?

btw - Jesse is correct. No woman cares today about being a pilot. It is just not the same as it was 20 or 30 years ago. Women are more into the gayest guys they possible could be.

It's all in the delivery. You don't come out and say 'I'm a pilot'. You talk around it where it's clear enough that's the case but not to the extent you get cocky sounding.

I usually will talk in conversation about flying somewhere for lunch, that generaly piques some interest and then drop little hints in here and there and soon enough you'll get the 'wait, what do you mean fly to lunch?' question. Bamo, you're in. Follow it up with a 'if you could take a day trip, where would you go? Etc, etc. Let them bring it up, not you ;).

It's all in the delivery. You don't come out and say 'I'm a pilot'. You talk around it where it's clear enough that's the case but not to the extent you get cocky sounding.

I usually will talk in conversation about flying somewhere for lunch, that generaly piques some interest and then drop little hints in here and there and soon enough you'll get the 'wait, what do you mean fly to lunch?' question. Bamo, you're in. Follow it up with a 'if you could take a day trip, where would you go? Etc, etc. Let them bring it up, not you ;).

"Thoooo.... Color me impressed, I absolutely looove those highlights, been trying to do it myself..."

"Oh thank you. My ex boyfriend could care less. Do you work at a hair salon?"

"Why yeth! Except I'm not working Tuesday. I'm going fwying. I'm a... piwat."

"You don't say. My ex boyfriend used to brag about....."

"..... I'd love to go! Tuesday would be fine!"

Now... if you come across as a gay pilot, you get a pass on blatant application of the pilot card. It's a tactic. It works. They secretly feel challenged by the thought of converting you. Hopefully you can get a few nights in before they figure out your bull**** once your true colors come out.

These both work equally as well

Attachments

• i-told-him-to-whisper-something-sexy-in-my-ear-he-said-im-a-pilot-8322a.png
    i-told-him-to-whisper-something-sexy-in-my-ear-he-said-im-a-pilot-8322a.png
    60 KB · Views: 73
  • ImAPilot.jpeg
    ImAPilot.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The family friend that flies the 747-400 got tired of people on layovers asking the usual dumb questions of pilots so he just says he drives an 18-wheeler. :)

I would tell people that I sell womans shoes at the mall....:rolleyes:

My God. I remember reading this thread years ago. Still makes me wonder how anyone here ever managed to get laid.

Here's a line a actually heard a guy use at a steakhouse bar back in the 1980's:

"Hey, baby, wanna sit on my wallet?"

Most pilots I know could be picked up without using a line, some without the woman even speaking.

Most pilots I know could be picked up without using a line, some without the woman even speaking.

All a gal has to do is show me her platinum card and I'm so there...

I don't understand your embarrassment of the profession :dunno:

I someone asks what I do for work, I tell them I'm a pilot, it's what I do and I feel no reason to try to hide it.

1. Its not a profession, it's a trade
2. If people not in the aviation community are involved, it's something that leads to inane discussion that is tiresome.

It was the same later when I worked in engineering at BMW. At a party I'd never tell people i was in powertrain, i'd say i designed door hinges. That steered the conversation away from work pretty quickly.

And scored 4 touchdowns in a high school football game?

Married-with-Children-ed-oneill-25985118-494-700.jpg

Back