Best Looking Single Prop Aircraft?

shyampatel94

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Shyam Patel
The title says it all! What do you guys think the best looking single prop aircraft is? I really want to buy my own aircraft in the future so I just want some cool ideas. This can include LSAs. If you can put a picture up, it would be a lot better too!

Pipistrel_Panthera.JPG

If you want one you can actually own and operate - I'd look at a Bellanca Viking . . .

This might be a bit more expensive than you were thinking, however since the only requirement is "best looking single prop aircraft," I recommend you look at this:

ohl7.jpg

Too many to choose from ,love the stager wing.

General Avia F22C Penguino.

The lower picture I took last week. I flew it and it's a screaming eagle for a 180h.p. plane. Military style stick side by side trainer. Fully aerobatic. Trailing link gear.

5f30c067dc5f6dd2e1a6ad59a322b2f81111816f

This red one is the only one currently registered in the U.S.A. It's for sale on barnstormers hangared at SugarLand TX. I would love to own it for a while, but the parts and support issue is daunting. :(

Since the OP seems to be talking obtainable aircraft. I'm going to go with the Cessna 170B.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 41
Best looking single prop aircraft? That's an easy one. The Globe Swift, running away...

Attachments

• ReusserHans-Peter.jpg
    ReusserHans-Peter.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 183
I did see this aircraft while surfing youtube once! I loved it! Do you know if this aircraft is out already?

Not yet. They're going to certify it, though, and Pipistrel normally do what they say they will do.

I haven't seen any aircraft that meet the single propeller (blade) requirement yet, so I vote for this one!

46BBF000-9C3F-4F9E-A12E-598833CE2A71-1461-00000157B339386F_zps31134407.jpg

No it's not photoshopped. It's an Everall prop, has a counter balance and it pivots forward and aft, supposed to lessen the asymmetric thrust on the crank

-VanDy

I haven't seen any aircraft that meet the single propeller (blade) requirement yet, so I vote for this one!

46BBF000-9C3F-4F9E-A12E-598833CE2A71-1461-00000157B339386F_zps31134407.jpg

No it's not photoshopped. It's an Everall prop, has a counter balance and it pivots forward and aft, supposed to lessen the asymmetric thrust on the crank

-VanDy

That just looks so .... wrong. :crazy:

Attachments

• 48-170-1.jpg
    48-170-1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 170 Pictures 067.jpg
    170 Pictures 067.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 18
Stop with the gangly ol' timey airplanes already!! The relative wind decides which is most beautiful.:D

Lancair_Legacy-2.jpg

I think that is the "Everel" prop. I think it was designed by a Walter Everel. Some of you glider guys can speak to this. Seems like there was some application to power gliders. Easier to stow perhaps?

Last edited:
I think that is the "Everel" prop. I think it was designed by a Walter Everel. Some of you glider guys can speak to this. Seems like there was some application to power gliders. Easier to stow perhaps?

it is an Everal Prop, they were used mostly in the 30's on the 50hp and less engines, i've ever seen them presonally on a taylor cub.

Back