Best LiveATC.net Channel for Hearing Complex IFR Clearances and Readbacks??

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
Having just earned IFR, I'm keen to sharpen my IFR clearance / readback skills. Can anyone recommend a good LiveATC.net channel where I can listen in on complex clearance and readbacks (likely a Clearance Delivery channel at a major airport)?

You won’t hear much on clearance delivery at major airports due to the fact that the majority of their traffic is using PDC.

Check out KBDL. I’ve heard some pretty extensive clearances being issued there. Many of which were the full readout. Any fairly busy Class D or C with a CD feed should be sufficient.

You won’t hear much on clearance delivery at major airports due to the fact that the majority of their traffic is using PDC.

Check out KBDL. I’ve heard some pretty extensive clearances being issued there. Many of which were the full readout. Any fairly busy Class D or C with a CD feed should be sufficient.
Thanks for the response. What is PDC?

KTEB is usually pretty good

KBOS/KBED

KVNY

Thanks for the response. What is PDC?
PDC is the "automated" way for the crew to receive their IFR clearance.

The computer on the aircraft tells the computer at the airport (or airline's dispatch center) it needs the clearance. The clearance computer sends it to the airplane computer. This clearance includes all of the C-R-A-F-T items. The crew verifies the details, and then loads it into the Flight Management System (FMS).

This video might help. PDC is discussed in the second half.

Any busy GA airport like TEB or VNY. I’d also file for every flight even it’s its VMC that way you’re still in the system and can keep your IFR skills sharp.

Back