Best Issue of EAA Sport Aviation Magazine Ever!

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
Ok, maybe I'm biased!!

Last year was the first year I got invited to Oshkosh to be a photographer for them. I worked all day, every day. I would get up at 4AM to take a shower and start walking down the ramp. I didn't refuse any assignment, no matter how boring or hard it was. And it paid off... I got the cover! I'm so excited about this.

As I've posted elsewhere, I got the invite for OSH 2018 and I can't wait.

38979465945_3620984e43_b.jpg

38979465715_da24bbbca5_b.jpg

39879305111_5ed3f22159_b.jpg

38979465235_d5edb22e65_b.jpg

25007129727_06831cf99b_b.jpg

38979466185_201643fdd7_b.jpg

Congratulations! That's excellent work! For the benefit of us photography hobbyists, can you tell us about your gear and the photo planes?

Congratulations! That's excellent work! For the benefit of us photography hobbyists, can you tell us about your gear and the photo planes?
Thank you!

I use Canon gear. Specifically a Canon 5D Mark iv and 5D Mark iii, Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS ii, and 24-105 F4 105. For these photos, I was being flown in the EAA's 210 with the baggage door removed.
533468.jpg

Cool Jack! Congrats. Now that you're a celebrity are ya still gonna associate with us mere mortals? ;)

I started humming this for some reason.

Cool Jack! Congrats. Now that you're a celebrity are ya still gonna associate with us mere mortals? ;)

I started humming this for some reason.

LOL, if you can get into the club, you're good enough for me.

Funny, I love that song, especially the line, "wanna buy five copies for my mother". When I first started getting photos on the magazine covers, the deal was I would get 2 or 3 copies and they would mail my Mom a few as well. I've since lost my Mom, but I think it meant more to her than it does to me!

Congrats, you're an awesome photographer. A pity you have to work so darn hard at Oshkosh though. But if its what you like, why not?

That is so cool :cool: Congrats!!!! I'll look forward to see more great photography in future issues.

I'm kinda' partial to the June 2016 issue, page 86. ;)

C'mon, the Oshkosh follow-up issue this year had three pictures of me in all my glory. Certainly a high point for the magazine. ;-)

Congratulations! Well deserved Jack! Great work as always!!

Congrats, you're an awesome photographer. A pity you have to work so darn hard at Oshkosh though. But if its what you like, why not?
Thanks! No complaints about working hard. I think that's what we're there for. There were a few photographers who won't be invited back since they didn't put in much effort. It's not work when you enjoy it!

Congrats,some nice pictures.
Thanks!

congratulations!
Thank you!

C'mon, the Oshkosh follow-up issue this year had three pictures of me in all my glory. Certainly a high point for the magazine. ;-)
I guess we'll give you that one!

Congratulations! Well deserved Jack! Great work as always!!
Thank you!

Congratulations Jack!
Thank you!

Really cool! Good to see hard work and persistence still pays off.

One more thing to look forward to seeing when I get our mail after returning from the current trip. Great pictures!

Well deserved Jack!
Congratulations.

But now you are going to be stuck this year trying to top last year's Oshkosh photographs. ;)

Really cool! Good to see hard work and persistence still pays off.
Thanks! It's a lot of work and a lot of fun at the same time. I got to meet a lot of great photographers and pilots and see some very cool planes!

One more thing to look forward to seeing when I get our mail after returning from the current trip. Great pictures!
Congratulations!
Thank you all!

Well deserved Jack!
Congratulations. But now you are going to be stuck this year trying to top last year's Oshkosh photographs. ;)
Thanks! That's a challenge I'll always accept. I always think of something I could have done better.

Here's a pretty cool video about the plane with a few of my photos included.

That's a terrific cover photo, Jack. When I downloaded the pdf a couple of days ago my first thought looking at the cover was that the Berkut had a turbine engine, but I couldn't see any air intake. :confused:

Man, that's awesome, Jack!!!! I always enjoy your pics here on the forum, but you're in the bigtime now. I'm tickled pink for ya.

That's a terrific cover photo, Jack. When I downloaded the pdf a couple of days ago my first thought looking at the cover was that the Berkut had a turbine engine, but I couldn't see any air intake. :confused:
You've got me! I don't know much about it other than it's fast and he flies it well in formation!

Man, that's awesome, Jack!!!! I always enjoy your pics here on the forum, but you're in the bigtime now. I'm tickled pink for ya.
Thank you so much!! People keep asking me if I get paid by the EAA. Not in money, but this means the world to me, so I would say I'm being compensated well! I'm having a blast.

Great stuff Jack! I have to admit I look for your name in the magazine every month just to poke my wife and say “hey look, I’ve met him! He took pictures of my plane, too!” You definitely have some talent. Always a treat seeing what you produce.

Great stuff Jack! I have to admit I look for your name in the magazine every month just to poke my wife and say “hey look, I’ve met him! He took pictures of my plane, too!” You definitely have some talent. Always a treat seeing what you produce.
LOL, thanks. I do the same thing! They don't give me any notice when they're going to use them, so I'm always surprised.

Jack, love your photos and I'm happy you're chasing your dream!
Thank you. It has been a lot of fun.

Would you be offended if we at POA referred to you as "Our Jack" when conversing about you?
That's how we feel about ya.

Way to go Jack!

I know you put a lot of work into getting the invite last year and in getting the photos once you were there. It’s nice to see that the combination of a lot of talent and hard work paid off.

Gary

Back