Best IFR check ride videos

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
I hope I am getting close. Studying as able, watching videos when energy level is low. What have been the better check ride and other videos that helped you pass your test?

Thank you!

I found this one to be just the right amount of comedy but good review as well

This fellow got permission from his DPE to film his checkride back in 2013:

I hope I am getting close. Studying as able, watching videos when energy level is low. What have been the better check ride and other videos that helped you pass your test?

Thank you!

Have you checked you local Library for King Schools or other ground school courses? Sometime pilots donate them to the local library when they are finished with them.

Pilot's Cafe has a great IFR review sheet that I used. Unfortunately it's got some red tape now about buying it. Looks like you can pay 0$ if you want though. I can email it to you if you need.

Pilot's Cafe has a great IFR review sheet that I used. Unfortunately it's got some red tape now about buying it. Looks like you can pay 0$ if you want though. I can email it to you if you need.
Yes, he's asking to be paid what you think you'd like to pay. I tossed him $5 or $10 dollars - compared to what I'm paying for training, I figure it's not unreasonable. To be honest it's worth more than that - it is a very nice small booklet. And yes, I guess you could pay him $0.

Yeah, I got it before all that. But it is a great review sheet for sure!

Note: I have the King’s IFR Checkride video. It is borderline useless because Martha uses the AP throughout the whole thing. She barely actually flies. I mean it.

Pilotworkshops has a product called Instrument Rating Accelerator which I believe contains footage of a mock checkride (conducted by a DPE). It was 'mock' because the whole thing was done through remote instruction with simulators, hence the time couldn't be used towards the rating: https://pilotworkshop.com/products/instrument-rating-accelerator/

Disclosure: I believe the product makes use PilotEdge for ATC service during some of the simulator sessions and the check ride. I'm associated with PilotEdge, although we had nothing to do with the creation of the Instrument Rating Accelerator product, and we do not make anything from its sales. I just figured this product fit the bill for the OP.

I’ve seen the IFR Accelerator course and it is very good.

Back