Best gas stops enroute to OSH

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
We always stop in Mena, Arkansas for our fuel/fud/potty break, en route to the Big Show.

Where are the best fuel discounts? Last year (due to weather) we also stopped in Ft. Dodge, IA, and discovered a terrific gas discount and free food for pilots!

Dinner or lunch offering on me if you schedule a stop through DFW. Likely can round up some other locals who have become Landing groupies and we can make a social outing of it.

If you need to land just short of Oshkosh to avoid the terrible Basler pricing for fuel, Portage has autogas and a decent price for fuel. The brats are hotted up by early morning, and the folks are the greatest you will ever meet.

Jim

When there were two FBOs at KOSH the fuel was actually fairly inexpensive. Not the case anymore...

When there were two FBOs at KOSH the fuel was actually fairly inexpensive. Not the case anymore...
Hey, this is your first year with the Mooney, right? We should hold some sort of ceremony for it.

Is China coming? We can work up some sort of christening ceremony. Alcohol may be involved... ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We stop at (KMBY) Omar Bradley, they always have burgures, chips, and fuel prices are fair. The best thing is its 2 hour to Ripon

Hey, this is your first year with the Mooney, right? We should hold some sort of ceremony for it.

So long as said ceremony doesn't involve removing the paint...

Is China coming? We can work up some sort of christening ceremony. Alcohol may be involved... ;)

He will indeed be in attendance. The thought of you two drunk and in the vicinity of my nice Mooney is frightening indeed.

We always stop in Mena, Arkansas for our fuel/fud/potty break, en route to the Big Show.

Where are the best fuel discounts? Last year (due to weather) we also stopped in Ft. Dodge, IA, and discovered a terrific gas discount and free food for pilots!
KGLE tends to be cheap. No great food or anything like that though.

So long as said ceremony doesn't involve removing the paint...

He will indeed be in attendance. The thought of you two drunk and in the vicinity of my nice Mooney is frightening indeed.
What? Us? ;)

I foresee many women dancing on your wing...

2e49ae9d29a71a7f6450b4323fc2239d.jpg

GYY at Gary Jet Center if you are coming from the south. Really nice people. Never dealt with B Coleman when I get gas in Gary. No reason to as Gary Jet have been great to my friends and I.

We've been stopping at KVPZ on the way in. Really cheap gas, and the local EAA chapter will sell you and inexpensive lunch.

Back