Best flight ever today

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
Went to flight school with pattern work in mind, did 4 touch and go (1 perfect baloon). Then went up for 10 mins to 6-7k to enjoy a little. It was 5500 scattered. Flew through a lot of holes, chasing the clouds, never lost ground contact, one of the best things I have ever done so far, or so I thought.

Next to get some use of our time, CFI made me do turn around a point, but the point was a cloud!! Pretty hard trying to turn around a point when the point is moving.

Then I told him that one of these I want to get some real IMC experience. He got a 4k-7k block IFR clearance and told...he go go, go thru anything u want.

Went in the clouds and OMG, it's nothing close to good work, whole lot harder. It wasn't very turbulent, but needed lot more attention to instrument scan to hold altitude. Next we did some real world training... taking shallow bank turns 180 to get out of clouds, steep turns to avoid getting into the clouds and fly straight and level thru clouds and then I broke out to VFR. One of the best experiences EVER.

The actual cloud flying was not much, not a very think layer, but already told CFI, anytime he gets a cancellation due to clouds, call me

Still have a grin on my face. Living the dreams has a new meaning in my life. Can't wait to get more

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Now there's a CFI that you need to promote to your friends and neighbors!
I already do, he is the best teacher I ever had and I am lucky to have him as my teacher. Most folks my friends think I am nutcase for not staying on the ground...I need new friends!

Sounds like an excellent lesson! How far from solo?

Sounds like an excellent lesson! How far from solo?
Well, it's a loaded answer. For last month or more, whenever I go up its turbulent as hell and 18g22 or more. Today did some decent landings apart from 1, if I can get at l3ast 10kt wind when I am flying... I shud be pretty close. The good side, most of my basic maneuvers my CFI says is within ACS standards.

Congrats - sounds like an awesome flight. I am doing hood work and it's getting a little easier.

Congrats - sounds like an awesome flight. I am doing hood work and it's getting a little easier.
Get some real world cloud if u can, it's whole lot different. With a foggles or hood, u still have the ground visible in the corner of ur eyes, inside cloud it's complete whiteout and the fact that u can't see through horizon even if u want to and u don't know when u will break out...kinda different, a whole lot diff

Well, it's a loaded answer. For last month or more, whenever I go up its turbulent as hell and 18g22 or more. Today did some decent landings apart from 1, if I can get at l3ast 10kt wind when I am flying... I shud be pretty close. The good side, most of my basic maneuvers my CFI says is within ACS standards.

Ahhh springtime... sooner or later the doldrums of summer will start to try to arrive on a warmish day and the wind won't be blowing... and then all of a sudden that maniac in the other seat will ask you where your logbook is and tell you to taxi in, they want to get out and go have a soda, but you will still have three takeoffs and landings to do. :)

I know that weather window you're in well. Same crap around when I was about to solo. Then one calm day...

Ahhh springtime... sooner or later the doldrums of summer will start to try to arrive on a warmish day and the wind won't be blowing... and then all of a sudden that maniac in the other seat will ask you where your logbook is and tell you to taxi in, they want to get out and go have a soda, but you will still have three takeoffs and landings to do. :)

I know that weather window you're in well. Same crap around when I was about to solo. Then one calm day...
Still can't visualize the rt seat empty... kinda freaks me out just thinking about it...no one to tell me ..you're doing great!! Well, let's park that feeling for now... gotto drive 2.5 hrs tomoreow am and then spin hopefully drive back!! Will keep ya 'all posted.

Still can't visualize the rt seat empty... kinda freaks me out just thinking about it...no one to tell me ..you're doing great!! Well, let's park that feeling for now... gotto drive 2.5 hrs tomoreow am and then spin hopefully drive back!! Will keep ya 'all posted.

Have fun. Get some rest. Lay off on the coffee in the morning a bit, adrenaline will kick in a little.

I have to ask my CFI to do this with me. I have only done the required hood work, but I think this would be head and shoulders above for training. We certainly have had enough clouds this winter to do it! I'm close to check ride, but this would be a great way to make a non-solo day a useful day.

Have fun. Get some rest. Lay off on the coffee in the morning a bit, adrenaline will kick in a little.
LIFR now and OVC 015 -025 almost all day...let's see how tomorrow plays out

LIFR now and OVC 015 -025 almost all day...let's see how tomorrow plays out

Where are the tops?

When I trained for my first CAP Form 5, it was at Oakland, and the weather was .... normal. 1200 foot overcast, tops 2500. The instructor got an IFR clearance to on top, and I hand flew my first SID with only the 3 hours of private pilot hood training. Fortunately, it was a very simple SID -- climb to 400, turn to heading 315. Then we broke out, canceled IFR, and did our VFR maneuvers. Marine layer was gone by the time we returned.

I started instrument instruction --with the same instructor -- not long after that.

Where are the tops?

When I trained for my first CAP Form 5, it was at Oakland, and the weather was .... normal. 1200 foot overcast, tops 2500. The instructor got an IFR clearance to on top, and I hand flew my first SID with only the 3 hours of private pilot hood training. Fortunately, it was a very simple SID -- climb to 400, turn to heading 315. Then we broke out, canceled IFR, and did our VFR maneuvers. Marine layer was gone by the time we returned.

I started instrument instruction --with the same instructor -- not long after that.
That might be an option.... let me check it out. The whole region pretty much is LIFR rt now, 100 agl at home base, similar in bji. TAF predicts 10k ceiling around 6. Rt now my plan is to go there by 4, finish ground and take a shot at 6pm. Let me talk to the CFII and see if the tops are favourable and if he would get a IFR clearance.

That might be an option.... let me check it out. The whole region pretty much is LIFR rt now, 100 agl at home base, similar in bji. TAF predicts 10k ceiling around 6. Rt now my plan is to go there by 4, finish ground and take a shot at 6pm. Let me talk to the CFII and see if the tops are favourable and if he would get a IFR clearance.

Well he said we can't do that for spin training. Still going there and hopefully it clears up. If nothing, there is an awesome steakhouse there

Back