Best degree to get

I think I'm going to double major in aviation management and the a&p program. I have a two degrees then even if people think one is useless and if flying doesn't work out ill have a career to fall back on.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to double major in aviation management and the a&p program. I have a two degrees then even if people think one is useless and if flying doesn't work out ill have a career to fall back on.

That's a good combination. A manager who knows how to work with his hands and is not afraid to do so is a rare bird. I can think of several non-aviation jobs that I've hired for where such credentials would instantly make the cut list.

The Av Managment degree is 4-years, accredited Bachelors, right? I have a son who has learned to his dismay that two, 2-year degrees do not equal a 4-year degree.

Be sure to take at least a couple of accounting courses. You may hate it, but a manager needs to understand what goes into a P&L and a Balance Sheet at someting more than a superficial level.

Good Luck!

That's a good combination. A manager who knows how to work with his hands and is not afraid to do so is a rare bird. I can think of several non-aviation jobs that I've hired for where such credentials would instantly make the cut list.

The Av Managment degree is 4-years, accredited Bachelors, right? I have a son who has learned to his dismay that two, 2-year degrees do not equal a 4-year degree.

Be sure to take at least a couple of accounting courses. You may hate it, but a manager needs to understand what goes into a P&L and a Balance Sheet at someting more than a superficial level.

Good Luck!
It is a 4 year degree that I would be done with in 2and a half a lot of credits needed would be taken from having my certs already. And then the a&p one is 2 years I believe

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Back