Best airport to listen to on Liveatc.net right now?

Allison Riccardi

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Angelwings
Which airport would be busy and good right to listen to so I can learn pilot lingo?

they have the 'top 50' or whatever, just pick one and listen. but not sure 'busy' would make u learn better

One nearby where you live?

Yep. I would think that for a student, listening to a nearby airport that she might fly to would be a good idea. Not only can it help you learn the lingo but also be familiar with local operations.

Somewhere overseas with horrible accents you can’t understand.

Or some noisy HF with never ending SELCAL tests for trans-oceanic flights.

Nah... just kidding. The Top 10 list in the mobile app works good for finding what’s being listened to right now.

But usually that’s going to be a big airliner airport which won’t be quite exactly the same as what you might want to listen to if you frequent smaller airports.

If your home airport has a feed it’ll make more sense if you’re learning to listen to that. You’ll know more about the airport layout and local landmarks mentioned than listening to say, the conga line of thirty jets being taxied around JFK to their departure runway. Not too many people being towed around by “Super Tugs” at most airports. :)

I find lengthy "quiet times" when searching on liveatc.
Unless there is a good reason to get it live, you can find bunches of interesting comm on YT.
Here:
JFK local controller and Montgomery Field also local;
I would also search for Approach to get a different phase of flight.

I like KBDL (Bradley CT). Steady traffic with a mix of small GA up to 737/320 size airline. Choice of Tower or Clearance Delivery/Ground or Tower/Approach. Provides exposure to as little or as much as you can comfortably absorb. Also has excellent sound quality (which can be key in initially understanding what is being said). Enjoy whatever you try.

Back