Ben, you will appreciate this experience (NA)

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
I'm home from my NY and Brazil trip. It's finally sinking in just what I was allowed to do last Monday evening. I've been singing works by John Rutter in church choirs for many years. His Requiem, composed in 1985, is a beautiful work. This past Monday, along with 300 of my "closest" friends, I had the opportunity to perform it under the direction of Mr. Rutter. In Carnegie Hall. What a thrill. The picture is in front of the playbill at the entrance. Left to right, me, our friend from church, Carol and my wife Marilyn. I still can't believe that I've sung in Carnegie Hall. Thank goodness for the pictures. Truely a special place.

Oh, and we're going to have to replace our copies of the Requiem at church. They don't get them back. They're autographed by John Rutter.

Last edited:
Wow, what a thrilling experience. A 300 member choir, that must have been something to hear. Do you have a recording of the event?

No, but rumor has that a video can be had for a princely sum. When I find out the details I'll have to buy one.

Ghery,

That is pretty neat. i am jealous of anyone that can sing or play an instrument. I have zero artistic talent. My eldest daughter, on the other hand, has a beautiful voice. When she was a senior in high school, the choral group she belonged to sang at the Kennedy Center in DC. She has been promising me a copy of a CD that she did. -sigh-- But I've been waiting for about three years for it, I don't think I'll hold my breath. One of these days, she's going to get off her behind and do something with that voice. She was asked to join the Dallas Symphony Chorus when she lived in TX, she was about to, but then moved back to LA. Dumb kid. I keep telling her that she needs to become as famous as Charlotte Church, so I can quit working.......lol.

BTW Ben, Can you let your partner know that I FINALLY got around to getting that check in the envelope, and put a stamp on it AND I got it in todays mail.

Last edited:
Ghery said:
I'm home from my NY and Brazil trip. It's finally sinking in just what I was allowed to do last Monday evening. I've been singing works by John Rutter in church choirs for many years. His Requiem, composed in 1985, is a beautiful work. This past Monday, along with 300 of my "closest" friends, I had the opportunity to perform it under the direction of Mr. Rutter. In Carnegie Hall. What a thrill. The picture is in front of the playbill at the entrance. Left to right, me, our friend from church, Carol and my wife Marilyn. I still can't believe that I've sung in Carnegie Hall. Thank goodness for the pictures. Truely a special place.

Oh, and we're going to have to replace our copies of the Requiem at church. They don't get them back. They're autographed by John Rutter.

Excellent! What an accomplishment in life.
Gary

A hearty congratulations to you, Ghery! The Rutter Requiem is a wonderful piece, and Carnegie is a great venue!

Back