Been diagnosed with ADHD

I'm a PP/IR flying without a medical. The Jabiru J230 is a Australian 4-place with the back seats removed and the weight limit 1340# is in the Flight Manual. Actually certified to 1640#. It has robust gear and a 120 hp engine. The only LSA I found that would actually carry something, camping gear etc. It will go faster over 130, but fuel consumption goes way up. Carb is optimized for 120 knots. I had no interest in the European models where there is barely room for a backpack. And I didn't like the sounds of a Rotax.

Loading 6 cases of wine and baggage.
View attachment 50065
Thats really nice. Personally I love the zenith STOL (all of them) and the bush cat (even though that really isnt kit plane) and the SAM IS

Last edited:
I'm a PP/IR flying without a medical. The Jabiru J230 is a Australian 4-place with the back seats removed and the weight limit 1340# is in the Flight Manual. Actually certified to 1640#. It has robust gear and a 120 hp engine. The only LSA I found that would actually carry something, camping gear etc. It will go faster over 130, but fuel consumption goes way up. Carb is optimized for 120 knots. I had no interest in the European models where there is barely room for a backpack. And I didn't like the sounds of a Rotax.

Loading 6 cases of wine and baggage.
View attachment 50065

Plus, available in cool Bronco colors! ;-)

How did the Broncos do tonight...? :)

They sucked because they should have pulled Simeon three weeks ago and started letting Paxton get some NFL time for next year. With the O-line not working they probably figured they'd get him killed, though.

Paying Okung $5M a year was a mistake. That one is on Elway.

Season was over weeks ago for them. They just didn't want to admit it.

The more interesting question is whether Kubiak tells Elway to whip out the "I have medical problems and want to spend more time with family" excuse to find a new head coach or not.

Their friendship is clouding Elway's judgement in that regard. Not that I blame him... having friends is good, but it doesn't win games in the NFL.

Moving Kubiak from Houston to Denver didn't make him a better coach.

Of the options available, he was fine for the Peyton years. But we'll keep sliding down to the level Houston was/is at if they keep him now. That's just the harsh reality of it.

Wade Phillips is doing his job. At least that part is working.

"Kubiak's offense" ... that pretty much sums up this year.

Romo will be your QB next year, another rental.

Of course we are talking about football in a thread about medical certification. What's that say about pilots and ADHD?

Of course we are talking about football in a thread about medical certification. What's that say about pilots and ADHD?

I was thinking the same thing as I posted it. Bawhaha.

If they hire Romo I think I'll disown them until he's gone.

Now how about that high school ping pong coach at Sparrow Fart High...?

"disability"? You mean the ADHD diagnosis, or is there something else?

Either you have ADHD or you don't (I think there is a scale). You have a diagnosis that may or may not be legit. If you are referring to this as your disability, then it MAY be legit. Otherwise, you can pursue the path of getting that diagnosis overturned. But, there is always the possibility it won't be overturned. Think about it before you rule out gliders and light sport options.
i have a childhood diagnosis. how can i get it reversed? i can work and drive perfectly fine. I literally drove from West Palm to Jacksonville and back the same day to a football game.

Last fall, the FAA just created a new ADHD 'Fast Track' pathway for pilots who meet 2 specific criteria:

1. No history of other psychiatric/mental health condition (anxiety, depression, PTSD, substance use disorder, etc...)
2. No treatment or symptoms for 4 or more years.

If you meet these two criteria, you likely qualify for the fast track, which means you can possibly get certified on the day of your exam. I'd recommend finding an AME with experience using this pathway, or a knowledgeable HIMS AME. There will still be some hoops to jump thru, but your future remains hopeful!

Good luck
Ever since I was little iv always wanted to be a private pilot but I was diagnosed with ADHD in middle school and was prescribed Concerta but iv haven't taken it since the 1st semester of college but then i heard that adhd disqualify me. I was going to go after my PPL after i got a decent job in few years but since a have ADHD does that mean i shouldn't try? despite the fact i can fly in simulators just fine.

If it is severe and they tell me my chances are shot can i still get my LSA and see if they end up the medical 3 rules?
Do some research into the new ADHD Fast Track pathway. You may qualify. And if so, it will be quicker and cheaper than the older 'Standard Track' to get certified.

Do some research into the new ADHD Fast Track pathway. You may qualify. And if so, it will be quicker and cheaper than the older 'Standard Track' to get certified.
The trouble is finding an AME that won’t defer you even when you have everything for the Fast Track ready ahead of time. All I have found around here defer still. It’s super frustrating.

If the AME has everything for the fast track we issue IN THE OFFICE. Audit rate is 100% but we have had no difficulty.

If the AME has everything for the fast track we issue IN THE OFFICE. Audit rate is 100% but we have had no difficulty.
@bbchien I wish more around here were in it to help like you are. So far I’ve contacted most on the list locally and every one that was recommended said they defer no matter what even with a fast track packet that is complete. There are two that have not called back.

By audit, do you mean on the back end or they send a request for more information to the person getting the medical?

@bbchien I wish more around here were in it to help like you are. So far I’ve contacted most on the list locally and every one that was recommended said they defer no matter what even with a fast track packet that is complete. There are two that have not called back.

By audit, do you mean on the back end or they send a request for more information to the person getting the medical?
There are some AMEs in NTX who would likely help you out.

Here's what you need:

Attachments

• ADHD Document Checklist.pdf
    114.2 KB · Views: 17
  • ADHD Fast Track Evaluation General Information.pdf
    122.2 KB · Views: 24
  • ADHD Fast Track Evaluation Report Requirements.pdf
    102.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ADHD Fast Track Info for Psychologist or Neuropsychologist.pdf
    96.2 KB · Views: 16
  • ADHD Fast Track Summary.pdf
    150.5 KB · Views: 20
  • ADHD Pathway Chart.pdf
    69.1 KB · Views: 19
  • ADHD Personal Statement Guidelines.pdf
    150.7 KB · Views: 19
The trouble is finding an AME that won’t defer you even when you have everything for the Fast Track ready ahead of time. All I have found around here defer still. It’s super frustrating.
It's still fairly new so a lot of AME's either aren't aware of it or comfortable using it yet. Although not necessary, I'd recommend finding a good HIMS AME if the medical concern is related at all to mental health or substance use.

Ever since I was little iv always wanted to be a private pilot but I was diagnosed with ADHD in middle school and was prescribed Concerta but iv haven't taken it since the 1st semester of college but then i heard that adhd disqualify me. I was going to go after my PPL after i got a decent job in few years but since a have ADHD does that mean i shouldn't try? despite the fact i can fly in simulators just fine.
Sounds like ADHD Fast Track pathway all the way assuming no other psychiatric diagnoses or issues!

If you took the cog-screen and failed years ago. Are you ineligible for the fast track?

Back