Been 50days still can't pass a drug test for thc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when has inhaling a burning substance ever been good for your body ?
Smoking ANYTHING is the number one cause of strokes. The "fun" thing about strokes is they rarely kill you outright. You get to go on living in a greatly DIMINISHED capacity. Which as you can imagine is enormous fun for the people trying to take care of you.

It doesn't have to be smoked.

And if anyone wonders about the Obama administrations reasoning why pot has to be illegal, they put it in writing:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2016/fr0812.pdf

Any administration actually. Doesn't matter who's sitting in the big chair munching on whatever the personal chef made for them that day, if they're not at a $15,000/plate dinner.

The debate over regulation for the general public is secondary for pilots anyway. There's plenty of less regulated legal substances that we aren't capable of performing the duties of PIC while ingesting them.

Either one is ready to be PIC with lives on the line, or one isn't. Debating what the non-pilots get to do, is fun and all, as an indicator of where your auto insurance rates will probably go (but they always go up, anyway).

Interesting article though.

The debate over regulation for the general public is secondary for pilots anyway. There's plenty of less regulated legal substances that we aren't capable of performing the duties of PIC while ingesting them.

Either one is ready to be PIC with lives on the line, or one isn't. Debating what the non-pilots get to do, is fun and all, as an indicator of where your auto insurance rates will probably go (but they always go up, anyway).h.

I can have a beer or three on Saturday and legally fly or drive on Monday. Things are a bit more challenging when it comes to setting limits for cannabis use, but that can be overcome. Now, if you are a heavy user and manage to saturate the lipidd in your brain with THC, you won't be clean for a long time. The same applies to an alcoholic who drinks until it messes up his system.

...I think he's figured that out. The conversation now is more about not whining about his choice to be PIC over stopping at the pot shop, than anything.
Based on what I've seen on PoA and other aviation forums over the past couple of decades, I'd say that whining is valued very highly by pilots. :D

No he's not....you are! Counting each day like you are is the give away. Get cleaned up, no mind altering drugs for a year and if possible , grow up! your in no condition to fly an airplane. You whine too much.
when have I whined ?

Neither does coddling a suburbanite with a bad habit that isn't actually addicted to anything.

I'll bet he could park his car in the parking lot of the pot shop and read a good aviation book and never walk inside. If he can't handle that, he's not ready to hold someone else's life in his hands.

That is, after all, the entire point of the Private ticket. The standard never changed. Pilot in Command.

What say you anonymous? Could you park the car in front of the pot store and read a good aviation book?

I think a little peer pressure and making him think a little harder about his responsibilities as PIC actually does do some good here. It isn't about him flying, it's about him flying *passengers*. His habit isn't compatible with his goal.

It ain't about regulations, or what "schedule" the Feds put on any drug -- it's about responsibility level.

YMMV, but generally nobody, including but *not limited to* FAA, wants him anywhere near a cockpit, if he can't make the relatively easy decision to put flying above stopping at the pot shop on the way home for Doritos, cookies, and weed.

Never seen an addict cajoled nicely into going straight. It doesn't work. Seen plenty of potheads magically go overnight from "needing" it to not touching it ever again as soon as they needed the paycheck worse than they needed the pot.

I think he's figured that out. The conversation now is more about not whining about his choice to be PIC over stopping at the pot shop, than anything.

Do you know how to read, when have I said anything about my addiction? I said I was ready to stop flying took a break , now want to get back into it but want to be able to pass a drug test. Ru stoned?

You think you so high and mighty what have you even accomplished in your flying "career"?

Do you know how to read, when have I said anything about my addiction? I said I was ready to stop flying took a break , now want to get back into it but want to be able to pass a drug test. Ru stoned?

How much did you smoke in a day in the weeks before you quit ?

...As long as the feds own the airspace, the feds will regulate the airspace.

It's a nitt I gotta pick

The Feds don't own the airspace, they don't actually own anything, the American people own it, pay for it, and only allow the Feds to administer it, for as long as the people see fit.

To the OP: No worries. The FAA requires 730 days of negative THC tests before they will consider you.....(for a 3rd class) so 60 isn't going to seem like much. Or they require at least 200 days of negative urines, and concurrence of a very expensive high powered investigational forensic psychiatrist, and then 4 years of continuous urine monitoring....

To get that kind of persistence (50 days) you toked long and hard and repeatedly and didn't think much of it.....FAA is going to wonder what your neurocognitive battery looks like (for any higher class certificate).

Almost Every evening, I gave up drinking and actually felt thousands of times better when I stopped drinking

Well if you gave up drinking it's all a-ok I guess.

The regular habit is what caused the drug to accumulate in your body. It will take a while to clear from your body. Stay sober, exercise, lose some weight, drink lots of water etc. When it comes to your medical, you are going to have to decide whether you:
- feel like lying to the federal government by going for your medical within less than 2 years after day #1
- not feel like lying to the federal government and wait 2 years past day #1 before you go for the next exam

To the OP: No worries. The FAA requires 730 days of negative THC tests before they will consider you.....(for a 3rd class) so 60 isn't going to seem like much. Or they require at least 200 days of negative urines, and concurrence of a very expensive high powered investigational forensic psychiatrist, and then 4 years of continuous urine monitoring....

To get that kind of persistence (50 days) you toked long and hard and repeatedly and didn't think much of it.....FAA is going to wonder what your neurocognitive battery looks like (for any higher class certificate).

@bbchien , I never failed a test only Walmart ones, and my medical is still valid for 3 yrs, I just want to be clean before I start flying again in case something gets bent and for my own integrity.
Thanks for the number tho I appreciate

Almost Every evening, I gave up drinking and actually felt thousands of times better when I stopped drinking
Were you really drinking that much? Enough that quitting made you feel that much better? I mean... don't take this the wrong way, but if you were, and switched to smoking pot to feel better, and especially if you've gone back to drinking heavily, then I would encourage you to think long and hard about that. Maybe think long and hard with the assistance of a counselor or something.

Self medicating with alcohol and drugs is a pretty sure way to enter a steep downward spiral, and I speak from several close personal experiences. The more you post the more it sounds like flying is the least of your worries.

Were you really drinking that much? Enough that quitting made you feel that much better? I mean... don't take this the wrong way, but if you were, and switched to smoking pot to feel better, and especially if you've gone back to drinking heavily, then I would encourage you to think long and hard about that. Maybe think long and hard with the assistance of a counselor or something.

Self medicating with alcohol and drugs is a pretty sure way to enter a steep downward spiral, and I speak from several close personal experiences. The more you post the more it sounds like flying is the least of your worries.

Implying that I was drinking heavily is incorrect, 2 beers most evenings isn't drinking heavily or at least not in my opinion...

Implying that I was drinking heavily is incorrect, 2 beers most evenings isn't drinking heavily or at least not in my opinion...
Well, you said that you "actually felt thousands of times better" when you stopped drinking. That sounded like you were drinking quite a bit.

Well, you said that you "actually felt thousands of times better" when you stopped drinking. That sounded like you were drinking quite a bit.

No I could see how you could see that haha my bad , I no longer have heart burn , and woke up feeling less exhausted, anxiety went away. For a 35 year old My heart burn was debilitating at times and it was directly related to drinking . I also would wake up with slight head aches and that has sense stopped. I haven't returned to drinking either and haven't had a beer since march

No one likes a quitter.

15 drinks/week put you in the 9th decile for alcohol consumption. Iow you drank more than 9 out of 10 adults.

Basically, even though it is much, much worse for your health, the FAA requires you to stick to alcohol.

@bbchien dr Bruce what is the longest you have seen it take for someone to naturally pass a drug test and get clean ?

15 drinks/week put you in the 9th decile for alcohol consumption. Iow you drank more than 9 out of 10 adults.

I'm curious to know how that statistic was determined. I must be surrounded by the top ten percent.

I'm curious to know how that statistic was determined. I must be surrounded by the top ten percent.

Oh those statistics were derived the usual lame way. They just asked people. Turns out 9 out of ten people responding to a survey are liars. Want to know how much people actually drink? Go through their trash.

Oh those statistics were derived the usual lame way. They just asked people. Turns out 9 out of 10 people responding to a survey are liars. Want to know how much people actually drink? Go through their trash.

Oh those statistics were derived the usual lame way. They just asked people. Turns out 9 out of ten people responding to a survey are liars. Want to know how much people actually drink? Go through their trash.

Thiis. Was based off alcohol sales data. The top 10% of drinkers account for 60% of the sales.

If your health improves noticeably when you stop drinking you may have a drinking problem.

I've also read two drinks a day is good for you.

Same types keep saying eating [fill in the blank] prevents [fill in the blank], then a month later it's [fill in the blank) CAUSES [fill in the blank].

Think with common sense, eating local natural stuff, eating and drinking in moderation and staying active, you're golden.

And if anyone wonders about the Obama administrations reasoning why pot has to be illegal, they put it in writing:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2016/fr0812.pdf

I'm inclined to believe that the real reason has to do more with the billions of dollars tied up in the War on Plants on all levels of government. How many cops, lawyers, bailiffs and other court staffers, jailers, probation and parole officers, bureaucrats, and all the companies that supply specialized merchandise to law enforcement, derive a substantial portion of their incomes from this multi-billion dollar per year crusade to stomp out a plant?

It's a huge industry, and one staffed largely by people whose jobs have no private-sector corollaries.

Rich

There are some countries (Germany comes to mind) where the average person drinks well over two beers per day, and throughout the day. Whether distrust of the public water supply is an excuse or a valid reason I don't know, but it was a factor as I recall.

I'm inclined to believe that the real reason has to do more with the billions of dollars tied up in the War on Plants on all levels of government. How many cops, lawyers, bailiffs and other court staffers, jailers, probation and parole officers, bureaucrats, and all the companies that supply specialized merchandise to law enforcement, derive a substantial portion of their incomes from this multi-billion dollar per year crusade to stomp out a plant?

It's a huge industry, and one staffed largely by people whose jobs have no private-sector corollaries.

Rich

giphy.gif

Well said

There are some countries (Germany comes to mind) where the average person drinks well over two beers per day, and throughout the day. Whether distrust of the public water supply is an excuse or a valid reason I don't know, but it was a factor as I recall.

Yup. When I was stationed there the German Nationals who worked for us would drink a beer instead of coffee, at 9am! And another bottle at lunch. Didn't affect them at all.

OP: according your comments, your class III still has 3 years to go. So just say no. You haven't failed anything other than a home test (have you?), so don't give it a chance.

OP: according your comments, your class III still has 3 years to go. So just say no. You haven't failed anything other than a home test (have you?), so don't give it a chance.

I have to assume the OP is hoping to apply for some job or something. Otherwise if it's just about a class 3 medical, I'm not sure what his concern is? They don't test for THC on a third class medical.

I have to assume the OP is hoping to apply for some job or something. Otherwise if it's just about a class 3 medical, I'm not sure what his concern is? They don't test for THC on a third class medical.

Shhhh!

Talk like that and we'll have "reefer madness" in the skies lol

Your assumption is incorrect, I'm doing it as a reward system for quitting, once I'm able to pass I'm ready to fly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back