Been 50days still can't pass a drug test for thc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said it has been 50days , do you have something constructive to say?

If you were a heavy user, 50 days is not unheard of, especially if you're at all overweight.

Rich

Rich has it right. THC is fat soluble. It can persist a long time.

FAA does not test for such ... unless you are on a SI for drugs/alcohol use

FAA does not test for such ... unless you are on a SI for drugs/alcohol use

They do if you walk in looking like the guy in your avatar.

For clarification of what was said further up. In a heavy user, the metabolites of THC like THC-COOH (and others) remain detectable for a long time. THC itself clears from your system within hours. So if you see an accident report where someone was positive for actual THC, they were under the influence and must have consumed shortly before the flight.

The problem is, you are (or were, recently) a dope smoker. In spite of what other dope smokers and dope peddlers might tell you, that's not without consequences.

upload_2016-11-18_7-39-9.png

Problem? I has no problem man.

You might need to switch to LSD. It clears more quickly, and it is rumored to be more fun than pot.

Switch to cocain, it is out of your system much quicker.
What he really means is grow up and give up on your childish drugs. Be an adult and use alcohol and only alcohol as your self medication. But not when flying or driving. You can be a responsible adult, abuse alcohol to the nth degree and as long as you get to work on time and don't operate machinery or motor vehicles under the influence society says you are a mature responsible adult deserving the respect and admiration of potheads.

You might need to switch to LSD. It clears more quickly, and it is rumored to be more fun than pot.

Unless it short circuits your brain. When I was a kid, there was a college divinity student that lived next to us who got slipped some acid at a party without knowing it. It screwed him up so bad he couldn't live on his own or even walk or talk normally anymore. Permanently.

not sure why everyone needs to be so hateful (not everyone) . I'm just seeking advice, and for those of you telling me to stop smoking and acting like smart asses ur 51days to late. So maybe you guys should stop being so childish and grow up. For those who have actual advice thanks.

not sure why everyone needs to be so hateful (not everyone) . I'm just seeking advice, and for those of you telling me to stop smoking and acting like smart asses ur 51days to late. So maybe you guys should stop being so childish and grow up. For those who have actual advice thanks.

I didn't see anything hateful.

I didn't see anyone being hateful. I also don't see a lot of sympathy, and that's because this isn't some random unfortunate thing that just happened to you, like a lightning strike or hemorrhoids. You're suffering the consequences of your own decisions and actions, but apparently are unwilling to accept the consequences of those actions.

::shrug:: Not sure what you're looking for here, sport.

As I'm sure you've probably read by now, the THC type substances wind up in your bodyfat. It can take a LONG time to get them down to undetectable levels. I know this not because of myself (I never touch the stuff) but because my adult son decided he wanted to sign up for the army at one point, and asked me the same question. After discussing the stupidity of his actions (and many others.. sigh..) he partook a regimin of exercise, eating right, drinking a lot of water and not smoking. It took him over 60 days to get a clear test. And he was not a heavy smoker (not every day). It also just depends on your body.

The recipe for cleaning out is: stop smoking, eat right, exercise, drink water, and wait. It will clear out. And then next time you are tempted to smoke - think twice... and take a pass.

(Son never did enlist, but has stayed clean, got a real job, apartment, and generally gotten his **** together quite a bit)

(Edited post for clarity)

Last edited:
Why tell someone to stop who has already stopped?

Some people seem to automatically assume that people posting anonymously are lying. I think anonymous posters are more likely to be telling the truth than the rest of us, because they have nothing to lose by doing so.

In my case, I wasn't implying he had not stopped. I was just reiterating what my son had to do to clear his system. I can see how my statement may have been misconstrued. OP - I wasnt implying you were still smoking. (I too don't like how people assumes everyone who asks a question is still doing the bad behavior)

I think these threads are going to be much more common now that a large portion of the US is heading toward de-facto legal weed. As the legal states wrestle with DUI and various testing methods, at some point the FAA may have to specifically add cannabis regulations like the do with alcohol.

Last edited:
What he really means is grow up and give up on your childish drugs. Be an adult and use alcohol and only alcohol as your self medication. But not when flying or driving. You can be a responsible adult, abuse alcohol to the nth degree and as long as you get to work on time and don't operate machinery or motor vehicles under the influence society says you are a mature responsible adult deserving the respect and admiration of potheads.

Pot is way less harmful than alcohol. And it's legal in many parts of the country, the OP may well live in one of them. A reasonable adult may well decide to "self medicate" with pot instead of alcohol and have it be a rational decision. That same adult may well also make a rational decision to stop using pot, because he's entering a part of life that demands a THC test, and be curious about how long it will take to clear his system. No need to be insulting about it, except that it's PoA so some people tend to think they are the final arbiters of, well, pretty much any subject.

Pot is way less harmful than alcohol. And it's legal in many parts of the country, the OP may well live in one of them. A reasonable adult may well decide to "self medicate" with pot instead of alcohol and have it be a rational decision. That same adult may well also make a rational decision to stop using pot, because he's entering a part of life that demands a THC test, and be curious about how long it will take to clear his system. No need to be insulting about it, except that it's PoA so some people tend to think they are the final arbiters of, well, pretty much any subject.

I totally agree with you - the question is how does the FAA feel about that? Going to be an interesting few years.

I totally agree with you - the question is how does the FAA feel about that? Going to be an interesting few years.

Yeah, I have no confidence in the FAA to keep up with this one. So, legal or not, it's going to be off limits to aviators for a long time.

There is a reason that smoking reefer is not good for you.
I have a couple potheads every year in my classes. They think they have a firm grasp on things but in reality they learn at a snails pace com pared to the sober ones. They live in a fog all day so they don't even realize how slow they really are. It is really quite interesting for me to watch. They think they go unnoticed but I can pick them out pretty quick.

I have a couple potheads every year in my classes. They think they have a firm grasp on things but in reality they learn at a snails pace com pared to the sober ones. They live in a fog all day so they don't even realize how slow they really are. It is really quite interesting for me to watch. They think they go unnoticed but I can pick them out pretty quick.

Well yeah, if they are currently under the influence of weed, booze, Rx drugs, whatever, it's not too hard to pick em out. Same could be said for lots of things, weed is actually quite harmless compared to other options, especially rx drugs.

That said, I have friends who drink, few who smoke weed, all of which quite successful and quite sharp, ofcourse they enjoy whatever poison of choice on their downtime and arnt going to show up for work, class or whatever under the influence.

I have a couple potheads every year in my classes. They think they go unnoticed but I can pick them out pretty quick.

Two possibilities here:

1) Selection bias. You have fooled yourself into thinking you can detect it reliably when you can't. There are very likely kids in your classes that a habitual users and smart.

2) You are a genius at spotting pot users and need to write up your methodology so you can get a nobel prize.

Since actual scientists doing actual research haven't been able to peg it, my bet is option 1. Here's a survey.

http://www.livescience.com/54513-does-marijuana-make-you-stupid.html

Two possibilities here:

1) Selection bias. You have fooled yourself into thinking you can detect it reliably when you can't. There are very likely kids in your classes that a habitual users and smart.

2) You are a genius at spotting pot users and need to write up your methodology so you can get a nobel prize.

Since actual scientists doing actual research haven't been able to peg it, my bet is option 1. Here's a survey.

http://www.livescience.com/54513-does-marijuana-make-you-stupid.html

Since I used to smoke my weight in pot when i was a teenager, yes i can spot the pretty quickly.Not that hard to spot. Especially college kids.

You use "scientists" as an example? They are using formula and equations to predict behavior. I generally only have to look at their shirt and red eyes. The bob marley shirt, fanny pack and hemp jewelry are a dead giveaway. The ones who don't dress it up are the ones who spend their breaks sitting in their car "not smoking pot" or hiding behind the building with the other guilty looking clowns.

We are talking potheads here, not international jewelry smugglers.

Plenty of middle aged and seniors use legally here in Colorado. Much better than alcohol or pills if you're going to self-medicate.

No, it's really not. Some states may have removed their state laws against its use, but there's still that pesky little Federal thing.

It's not less harmful?

I've dealt with plenty of folks who have boozed themselves into the ICU, and a short life.

I've never had a person who smoked them self into a ICU and significantly shortened their life with weed.

Since I used to smoke my weight in pot when i was a teenager, yes i can spot the pretty quickly.Not that hard to spot. Especially college kids.

You use "scientists" as an example? They are using formula and equations to predict behavior. I generally only have to look at their shirt and red eyes. The bob marley shirt, fanny pack and hemp jewelry are a dead giveaway. The ones who don't dress it up are the ones who spend their breaks sitting in their car "not smoking pot" or hiding behind the building with the other guilty looking clowns.

We are talking potheads here, not international jewelry smugglers.

You have just very effectively described selection bias. I guess that settles that it's option 1. So much for the nobel prize. Would have bought a pretty nice airplane.

You have just very effectively described selection bias. I guess that settles that it's option 1. So much for the nobel prize. Would have bought a pretty nice airplane.
Yup. If it looks like a duck.....

Or are you seeing a big influx of people purposely dressing like a drug user because it makes them look cool?

No, it's really not. Some states may have removed their state laws against its use, but there's still that pesky little Federal thing.

Fair enough. There is indeed some legal gymnastics still at play. Given that there are licensed stores in several states all dutifully paying taxes to the government and that the feds have had a hands off approach, I'd say that summarizing it as "legal" in those states is more accurate than "it's really not", but your point is taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back