Beef has a much greater environmental burden...

I did my part to fight global warming yesterday. I grilled steaks for the whole family, and made mine medium well.

I did my part to fight global warming yesterday. I grilled steaks for the whole family, and made mine medium well.

Did you burn them? Burning them puts out extra carbon pollution. And make sure to use starter fluid or kerosene to start the coals, that's really getting the atmosphere a jolt.

And add a bunch of beans with the BBQ. That way even more methane can be added later.

I watched a movie last night called "Snowpiercer" about the end of the world and the last people on earth aboard a train with a perpetual engine. The train circles the globe once per year. The movie was by the Weinsteins...

The part where they explained how the earth got so cold cracked me up. The government came up with a compound that when spread in the atmosphere would solve global warming. They spread the chemical via jet "chemtrails". This resulted in everyone freezing to death except for this "evil" corporate guy and the people he allowed on his train.

The movie focused on the evil guy, who was a jerk, but completely let's the government off the hook, the government that caused the problem and killed everyone else in the world in the first place. Classic Weinstein movie, I watched it on PPV for 4 bucks. It was ok, but I wished I waited for it to come to HBO, however long that would have taken.

And that was your mid thread movie review.

Whether or not any of us believe in global warming is irrelevant. EVERYONE wants to eat what they want, have computers, have nice cars, live in large houses, fly airplanes, take vacations, etc. That will never stop. Even if it isn't possible at some point, we'll all still strive for it; that's why we get up and go to work everyday. We have globally reinforced the idea that humans are "CONSUMERS" and we are ALL living up to that.

Individuals denying themselves things to prevent global warming won't amount to a grain of sand in the Sahara.

Why should anyone not eat what they want, buy what they want, use what they want? You do realize this planet is a tiny little nub of a rock that man will soon be spreading out from right? Wonder if Europe said the same thing before Columbus discovered two more entire continents?

Did you burn them? Burning them puts out extra carbon pollution. And make sure to use starter fluid or kerosene to start the coals, that's really getting the atmosphere a jolt.

And add a bunch of beans with the BBQ. That way even more methane can be added later.

I Did My Best!

So how many cow farts does all the fuel burned by Oshkosh pilots equal?

Why should anyone not eat what they want, buy what they want, use what they want? You do realize this planet is a tiny little nub of a rock that man will soon be spreading out from right? Wonder if Europe said the same thing before Columbus discovered two more entire continents?

Sure, plenty of real estate out there, just look at the night sky. Proxima Centari is about 78,000 years away with our fastest ship. We better get started now and no bathroom breaks.:D

Whether or not any of us believe in global warming is irrelevant. EVERYONE wants to eat what they want, have computers, have nice cars, live in large houses, fly airplanes, take vacations, etc. That will never stop. Even if it isn't possible at some point, we'll all still strive for it; that's why we get up and go to work everyday. We have globally reinforced the idea that humans are "CONSUMERS" and we are ALL living up to that.

Individuals denying themselves things to prevent global warming won't amount to a grain of sand in the Sahara.

So don't deny, rather improve.

I say we all need roller lifters to solve these issues. If they can stop corrosion they can solve global warming! :yesnod:

Man will never spread spread from this rock. We aren't willing to spend the money on stupid things like science. At the rate of progress we make on that front, being able to either build 'Generation Ships' or learn how to fold space time, we will be extinct long before we reach that capability. You see, we don't view that as important.

Sure, plenty of real estate out there, just look at the night sky. Proxima Centari is about 78,000 years away with our fastest ship. We better get started now and no bathroom breaks.:D

Guess you havn't heard about the warp ship, like the Star Trek guess, this thing is being built. Warping space/time to traverse the distances will make it a snap.

Remember, they laughed at Columbus too.

Man will never spread spread from this rock. We aren't willing to spend the money on stupid things like science. At the rate of progress we make on that front, being able to either build 'Generation Ships' or learn how to fold space time, we will be extinct long before we reach that capability. You see, we don't view that as important.

65_years.png

Alt text: "The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."

Getting back to carbon dioxide, the next source of it that should be eliminated is soft drinks. Just think of all the CO2 that goes into those beverages and doesn't get digested by humans but gets into the atmosphere. Enjoy your now flat Pepsi of be prepared to never burp or fart after drinking one. :D

Guess you havn't heard about the warp ship, like the Star Trek guess, this thing is being built. Warping space/time to traverse the distances will make it a snap.

Remember, they laughed at Columbus too.
Proof of this please? More than the one guy at nasa with a 100k budget who has mathematical equations and cartoons. Nobody is colonizing anything in our lifetimes. Earth is all we have.

Back