Jake B

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JakeB
Hi all, I recently bought a Beechcraft B-19 Sport and I have a little issue with the wingtip and tail position lights. They are extremely touchy and sometimes randomly dont turn on. It seems like you have to turn the battery, alternator, and lights on in a very specific order for them to work. Even then sometimes they don’t turn on. Has anyone had this problem with any Beechcraft product? I’m not sure if it’s a wiring issue, etc but my mechanic hasn’t been able to find the problem yet.

Thanks!

No similar issues with the B-19 I used to be partners on or my current C-23. No memory of similar complaints at Beech Aero Club (if you aren't already a member, you really need to be....lots of guys very knowledgeable in type, and friendly/helpful to a fault).

This sounds like some basic electrical troubleshooting is in order. Beech didn't randomly invent their own wiring styles or components for the Musketeers. As usual with electrical issues, your first look should probably be at all the grounding. And maybe clean the sockets for the bulbs.

Back