RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
<ahem—clears throat>

@ktup-flyer and I are planning to meet-up at the Beech museum at THA on 9/1. Thinking around a 2p (CDT) arrival but that’s not concrete at this point. Might hitch a ride with an uber and grab a bite afterwards somewhere. Anyone interested in joining us?

<sets mic down>

<ahem—clears throat>

@ktup-flyer and I are planning to meet-up at the Beech museum at THA on 9/1. Thinking around a 2p (CDT) arrival but that’s not concrete at this point. Might hitch a ride with an uber and grab a bite afterwards somewhere. Anyone interested in joining us?

<sets mic down>

One more thing I'm gonna miss to attend a stupid wedding that weekend. <as I unleash my spoiled 12 year old persona>

One more thing I'm gonna miss to attend a stupid wedding that weekend. <as I unleash my spoiled 12 year old persona>
Bummer, sorry Kyle. If we get interest in the venue, but just a bad date for most folks, we can move it out a week or two. Just thought we’d toss the bone.

Yep I'd go but I'll be just getting back in town that date. Maybe next time!

I'm off to see Mom & Dad that weekend. My wife is worried because he said "don't fly, drive the truck up."

Hoping it's nothing serious Hank. Maybe they want all your old crap out of the house hopefully. You know, all that Awwbern shet. ;):D

Damn, choices choices. 2/3pm is prime lake time...

Damn, choices choices. 2/3pm is prime lake time...
You know that you’d rather hang out with a couple of 22 year olds.

Seriously though, it’s a nice museum if you’ve never been before. Worth the trip.

You know that you’d rather hang out with a couple of 22 year olds.

Seriously though, it’s a nice museum if you’ve never been before. Worth the trip.

It is, but second factor is another partner has 1st dibs on the plane that weekend...

It is, but second factor is another partner has 1st dibs on the plane that weekend...
Oh ok. It seems like the consensus is that 9/1 doesn’t work for most anyone else, so we’ll likely push it out to accommodate others.

Tullahoma is close to a couple fine beverage companies.

Listen fellas. Come hell or high water, I'll be there.

This gonna be a day deal or overnight drunkfest? Asking for a friend... :cool:

I'm also hoping for a later date, got family commitments over Labor Day. But this museum has been on my 'go see it' list for a while.

Can't 9/1 but if the northerners up thar in Carolne set another date I might. Would have to rent a plane though. Keep ya advised.
I’ll believe that when I see it! ;)

Yeah 9/1 is a bust, we’ll reschedule at a later date.

Consensus is that 9/1 isn’t a good weekend for most folks.

We’ll replan in a couple of weeks.

Why is the Beechcraft museum in Tennessee and not Wichita?

Because it started as a private collection that had nothing to do with the Beechcraft a company.

It actually began as the Staggerwing museum specifically, founded by the Staggerwing Club in the 70s. Then expanded to add the Beech 18 in the 90s. It wasn’t until this century that it became an all inclusive Beechcraft museum.

Us millennials are just a lot more reliable you know. Hard to get those old fellas to commit :p

Okay, so I know a lot of folks are unable to make it tomorrow, but Aubrey and I are tentatively going to try and make it. Will see how the Wx looks in the morning. Planning for a 2pm CDT meet. Will give us an hour and a half to tour the museum.

@eman1200 @Velocity173 @Mike Smith @Hank S
@mscard88

Okay, so I know a lot of folks are unable to make it tomorrow, but Aubrey and I are tentatively going to try and make it. Will see how the Wx looks in the morning. Planning for a 2pm CDT meet. Will give us an hour and a half to tour the museum.

@eman1200 @Velocity173 @Mike Smith @Hank S
@mscard88

Nah, today was my flying day and turned the Velocity in for condition inspection. Tomorrow is work around the house day.

Have fun at the museum. Old friend of mine delivered the T-34C a few years ago there.

Nah, today was my flying day and turned the Velocity in for condition inspection. Tomorrow is work around the house day.

Have fun at the museum. Old friend of mine delivered the T-34C a few years ago there.
Bummer. Catch you next time.

Btw, one of these days ya gotta fly up to FGU and give me a ride in that Velocity of yours!

:)

Well it’s a bust for me. Clouds building in from the S and W. Too thick to find a big enough gap.

So we’re back to square one.

Date to be announced!

Well it’s a bust for me. Clouds building in from the S and W. Too thick to break through.

Date to be announced!

Lol! I was just looking at radar thinking, you all are going to be dodging some storms if they’re planing on still flying.

Lol! I was just looking at radar thinking, you all are going to be dodging some storms if they’re planing on still flying.
Ha! Yeah that also played a role in my decision!

:)

Wimp.
Well it’s a bust for me. Clouds building in from the S and W. Too thick to find a big enough gap.

Date to be announced!

Wuss

image.gif

Back