Because we don't have enough TFRs

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Increased number of security related temporary flight restrictions (TFRs) across the country expected.
Notice Number: NOTC2516
Increased number of security related temporary flight restrictions (TFRs) across the country expected.
All pilots and aircraft operators should be aware that there will be an increase in the number of security related temporary flight restrictions (TFRs) across the country.
Reviewing NOTAMs prior to each flight is critical to flight safety.
Pilots and aircraft operators should make every effort to familiarize themselves with TFRs that may impact their route of flight.

The above arrived in my inbox this morning from the FAA:incazzato:

They said we shouldn't worry, they are only temporary.
They said the tfrs would probably diminish in number over the years, when they realize they are of little value.
They told me we don't need to be aggressive in fighting the regulatory groups over these issues, just keep your cool and it will blow over.
They said the airspace gobbling and restrictions of our freedoms were worth the benefit gained.

Yet this sort of thing gets worse and worse.

('They' being other pilots I have discussed this with on various aviation forums.)

Yeah, I was wondering if you meant the elections, but I think the heavy VIP travel is well in advance of the actual elections - I suspect that it's electioneering-related TFRs that are what the FAA expects to increase.

Yup. And I live in a so-called battleground state in which VIP bigshots like to spend lots and lots of time.

Yup. And I live in a so-called battleground state in which VIP bigshots like to spend lots and lots of time.

So do I. I might understand TFRs for politicians when they are doing government work (and, then again, maybe not), but when they are running around helping other politicians get elected or re-elected? Not only NO, but H E double hockey sticks NO. Why should businesses lose money just because somebody living off the taxpayers' dollars want to spend more of those taxpayers' dollars to raise money for other people who want to live off taxpayers' dollars?

So do I. I might understand TFRs for politicians when they are doing government work (and, then again, maybe not), but when they are running around helping other politicians get elected or re-elected? Not only NO, but H E double hockey sticks NO. Why should businesses lose money just because somebody living off the taxpayers' dollars want to spend more of those taxpayers' dollars to raise money for other people who want to live off taxpayers' dollars?

Can't disagree. Can't fly anywhere these days without running afoul of one of those things. Stadia, concerts, VIPs, Disneyland, uugh. As if the government doesn't have enough to worry about.

Back