Beautiful, but worth the money?

No money for women! :D I have impressed all the women I can afford! :D

+1

My wife is a competitive athlete and her annual inspections are getting outrageous! $20k to get a hinge and control cables repaired!

+1

My wife is a competitive athlete and her annual inspections are getting outrageous! $20k to get a hinge and control cables repaired!

Just wait until you have to repack the airbags!! :rofl::rofl:

Since the seller is in the business of refurbishing planes to like new standards, I'll assume that they thought there's a market for the plane. Of course, they could be wrong. In any case, it's a plane that would appeal to a small market. Since there seem to be folks who are willing to buy a new plane for 350k and up, this might represent the market they are trying to capture.

Just a question from the peanut gallery: How much would it cost to put a modern autopilot in a 310, in place of that ancient Cessna box?

Just a question from the peanut gallery: How much would it cost to put a modern autopilot in a 310, in place of that ancient Cessna box?

A friend got a quote for his 421C, for an S-Tec 55X, over $50K was the quote he received, needless to say he had his old Cessna box repaired! :yikes:
The 310 might be cheaper, but I'd bet you are in the $30K+ range.:hairraise:

A friend got a quote for his 421C, for an S-Tec 55X, over $50K was the quote he received, needless to say he had his old Cessna box repaired! :yikes:
The 310 might be cheaper, but I'd bet you are in the $30K+ range.:hairraise:

Can't put the 55x in a 310, have to use the 60-2 or others. The quote to put in a 60-2 in mine was $27k, there may be some savings on the system since I gave the G-500, not sure without it. I'd consider putting in a used 400 series AP for less than 1/5th of the cost.

$5500 for insurance will be your first year, after 100hrs you'll be looking at $3k on a $210k value. I wouldn't be running ROP regardless what RAM says, they're in the business of selling engines and repairs. ROP is expensive on cylinders and valves as well as the exhaust system and turbos. 27gph got those engines running right in the top of their sweet spot.

would you need 3000 worth of recurrent training, if you are flying a couple hundred hours a year? I would just hire an MEI at $45/hour and do the OEI drills on planned trips to keep them refreshed in my mind.

would you need 3000 worth of recurrent training, if you are flying a couple hundred hours a year? I would just hire an MEI at $45/hour and do the OEI drills on planned trips to keep them refreshed in my mind.

The insurance will likely require zero recurrent training on a 310. However doing so is a good idea, as it is for the rest of us. You can pay the CFI whatever, but aircraft time isn't free and represents the bulk of the cost. If you're figuring your cost at $500/hr, then that's 6 hours a year devoted to training. Sounds accurate. If you go to the sim, it'll be about $2k for the privilege, plus transit there and back, and hotel/food.

I think Henning's number is fairly accurate, but it depends on which one you go with. I see lots of different boxes.

On a top end aircraft, I expect to see the ancient Cessna box gone.

I think Henning's number is fairly accurate, but it depends on which one you go with. I see lots of different boxes.

On a top end aircraft, I expect to see the ancient Cessna box gone.

I've flown some Cessna singles with that old box, but never one where the Cessna autopilot actually worked.

1. Sim can throw all kinds of things at you that you could never acceptably simulate in the air(not with any level of sanity anyway)

2. I'd prefer to burn electrons rather than MY turbos and cylinders.

I've flown some Cessna singles with that old box, but never one where the Cessna autopilot actually worked.

There are quite a few planes with the 400/800 autopilots out there and still working. I've never flown one, but the general consensus seems to be that it works well when it works properly. I wouldn't shy away from one per se, but for what these guys are asking, it should be gone.

1. Sim can throw all kinds of things at you that you could never acceptably simulate in the air(not with any level of sanity anyway)

2. I'd prefer to burn electrons rather than MY turbos and cylinders.

Agreed. I enjoyed going down to SimCom and spending some time in their box. Also got to fly a few other boxes, including the Conquest 425.

We disabled the autofeather, and said "Fail it at a bad time." "You can't do that, the plane will flip over." "Well we'll walk away if we do, so do it anyway."

We both flew out of it every time.

Back