Beaumont Lunch Saturday?

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Anyone up for lunch at Beaumont Hotel on Saturday the 14th?

I'm still planning to be there. :yes: Not sure yet who will be riding along with me.

Tony,

Are you going to fly up to IA and then back to Beaumont just to make it worth your while? (and to make it seem more like the good ol' days?)

I should be flying home from the Minneapolis area on Saturday and just may have to take a long westerly detour. I'll definitely look hard at the possibility.

lol tim, no ill probably stick with a short trip for now.

I just checked...It's only 315NM out of my way...minor.

We're planning on heading down to Texas on Friday 13th but if we get pushed back because of weather, I'll keep it in mind for our trip down.

I suppose I could head down there next Sat if something dosnt come up.

I'm in if you'll be there late enough. Have to do some Young Eagles rides first, starting at 10 am...

What's the plan?

i just reserved a club 172 from 10-2. i can make that later if needed. would 1PM work good for you for lunch kim?

i just reserved a club 172 from 10-2. i can make that later if needed. would 1PM work good for you for lunch kim?

Gotta find out how many girl scouts need rides...waiting to hear from Mickey...

yea i know, thin mints are so yummy though

They are yummy. I didn't buy cookies this year. I just donated money. Did you know the girl scout troop only gets one dollar of the $3.50 you pay for a box of cookies? I just give them $20 and they get to keep it all...

But I don't get cookies...:frown3: And that's a good thing. I don't NEED cookies...

Okay, I just learned we have 6 girl scouts and 4 adults for the rides (do adults get to horn in on Young Eagles rides?). If we start at 9:30 we would surely be able to be done in two hours...I need to see if Mickey got any additional airplanes to help her...I think we were hoping for all women tail dragger pilots...hopefully I can squeeze all that in and still be in Beaumont by 12:30...

ok ill plan on being there at 12:30. i looked it up and its only 33 nautical miles! so much shorter than the last time. I think im going to bring a friend too.

i didnt get any girl scout cookies this year either :(

I would love to go, but I have an appointment with the tax lady and the airplane is still at Vichy, maybe next time.

Jesse is heading down in his hummelbird

I was just kidding. :) It was Jesse's "ownership opportunity of the week" :yes:

I was just kidding. :) It was Jesse's "ownership opportunity of the week" :yes:
Correct--I am still airplane-less--and a renter. Looks like a hell of a drive--and too cold for motorcycle--so I won't be there. Next time..

Looks like I'll be flying solo to Beaumont. Just me and my iPod. :) Anyone else going besides Tony, Kim, and Phil?

Im bringing a friend, Brad. and I think Mike (flyer) is going to try to make it down. Tim said something early on but I dont know if he'll make it or not. see you there!

Y'all have fun! I need a 300 kt plane that burns 10 gph, then maybe I can make it. ;)

Had a good time visiting with everyone. Brad and I were on the ground at Jabarra by 3:30, after getting in the airplane at 3:00 at Beaumont. not too shabby! We'll have to make a habit of this! :yes:

Wish I could have made it, I started out that way and was having car issues so I had to turn back. I spent the rest of the day working on a car.

I fully intended to make a long swing west on my way back from Minnesota/Wisconsin but the forecast was for deteriorating conditions in SE Missouri today and turning IFR after 1800z. So, I thought I better get home while the getting was good. I got home at straight up 1800z and the sun has been out nearly all afternoon here...go figure.

I fully intended to make a long swing west on my way back from Minnesota/Wisconsin but the forecast was for deteriorating conditions in SE Missouri today and turning IFR after 1800z. So, I thought I better get home while the getting was good. I got home at straight up 1800z and the sun has been out nearly all afternoon here...go figure.
Well, dang.

I listened to Stephen Stills on the way out there. Even had "Treetop Flyer" playing as I took off from the farm this morning. :) It was a GREAT day of flying. Got to spend time with Tony and Brad and Kim and Phil and also got to meet Dawn. :)

Here is a picture of me and Kim and Dawn right before we all left.

Attachments

• Dawn, Diana, Kimmy.JPG
    Dawn, Diana, Kimmy.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 30
Well, dang.

I listened to Stephen Stills on the way out there. Even had "Treetop Flyer" playing as I took off from the farm this morning. :) It was a GREAT day of flying. Got to spend time with Tony and Brad and Kim and Phil and also got to meet Dawn. :)

Here is a picture of me and Kim and Dawn right before we all left.

Ok, who is Dawn and where have you been hiding her??? :D

Ok, who is Dawn and where have you been hiding her??? :D

I'd guess she hides on the Purple Board.:D

Well, Dawn first started out on the red board. But, unfortunately, she was mistaken as being connected with the stripper who started posting there at the same time. She is a lawyer and not a stripper (not that there's anything wrong with being either :D).

Dawn is a student pilot who flies out of an airport near Wichita. She is a positive addition to our aviation community. :)

Back