Beach landing, one killed

Hengelo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hengelo

All right you savages, let's see if we can discuss this without escalating to defcon threadlock in under an hour.

Several passengers, one on the beach. As some chap on Reddit put it; "it's a real world trolly problem"

Ground track looks like they chose to land with a tailwind. I guess the beach was emptier to the right :/

Four posts before you started throwing poo. You’re gonna have to do better then that if you want the title.

Four posts before you started throwing poo. You’re gonna have to do better then that if you want the title.

Huh?

You’ve got a weird fetish there.

At least there were no spiders involved.

I do the Chicago lakefront fairly often. Especially in the warmer months, the scattered beaches are usually not an option.

Pilot should have ditched, just offshore. Instead killed a bystander on the beach.

Bertorelli-

Valid when flying over a densely wooded area. A lake is a much better landing choice than in the trees.

Pilot should have ditched, just offshore. Instead killed a bystander on the beach.

Bertorelli-
I dunno about that. Four people wearing skydiving gear aren't going to be good swimmers, plus they likely weren't belted in. A water landing could have had worse consequences.

The plane was a November, US registry. That’s probably going to make litigation interesting. By some accounts of thinking about things like this, the pilot may already be locked up.

Back