Be safe everybody.

Yahh three days; mmmm.
I started with 270nm across sunnyTexas skies at 11.5.
:)

Yeah, have a nice weekend, my butt. I gotta work. Hopefully it will continue to rain, and ruin everyone elses nice weekend. Yeah, go ahead and take your stinkin boat out on the lake. I hope it gets cold and windy and rains like a son of a gun while you're out there.

you go out and have fun, just remember, when your crash your boat/car/ATV/whatever, and call 9-1-1 to get help, that I'll be sitting in the comm center, just waiting for you to call.

Thanks Frank, but just moved my plane into a hangar so i need to set everything up.but this will be FUN. ENJOY and FLY SAFE.
Dave G.

DeeG said:
Yeah, have a nice weekend, my butt. I gotta work. Hopefully it will continue to rain, and ruin everyone elses nice weekend. Yeah, go ahead and take your stinkin boat out on the lake. I hope it gets cold and windy and rains like a son of a gun while you're out there.

you go out and have fun, just remember, when your crash your boat/car/ATV/whatever, and call 9-1-1 to get help, that I'll be sitting in the comm center, just waiting for you to call.
This is the weekend that at least 3 people will die at the lake or riding ATVs on the sand dunes. Happens every year and it's always alcohol related. We stick around the house, visit the cemetary and have a couple BBQs with friends.

Dee, thank you for manning your station.

Frank Browne said:
Ya'll have a great holiday weekend everybody, and be safe. :blueplane:

You, too, Frank. I guess I'll be safe as long as I'm stuck in Bozeman, MT, by weather with no way to get out even IFR because of ice in the clouds.:mad:

Judy

DeeG said:

If it makes you feel better, that's exactly what it is doing this morning in Olympia. Liquid sunshine. No flying for me. No cleaning the boat or sailing. But, on the bright side, no yard work, either. :D

Ya'll have a great weekend too. Monday, don't forget to take a couple minutes and reflect on why we've got the day off.

I've got a couple lost friends I'll be making a private toast to.

Ghery said:
If it makes you feel better, that's exactly what it is doing this morning in Olympia. Liquid sunshine. No flying for me. No cleaning the boat or sailing. But, on the bright side, no yard work, either. :D
Don't know what sort of boat you have, but on a rainy day, there's not much that's better to do than sit in a sailboat, drinking coffee and having breakfast - reading boat stuff, etc.

Only thing that can equal it for subject matter is sitting around the airport hangar flying, but that's not nearly as cozy!

etsisk said:
Don't know what sort of boat you have, but on a rainy day, there's not much that's better to do than sit in a sailboat, drinking coffee and having breakfast - reading boat stuff, etc.

Only thing that can equal it for subject matter is sitting around the airport hangar flying, but that's not nearly as cozy!
What the heck are you talking about? Say, you're not one of those guys who leaves the dock just to anchor outside of the sea bouy and ask for a radio check, are you?

A day like what Ghery described is perfect for hard charging, practicing sail changes at the mark and man overboard drills. Even better if thar be squalls lurking about. Sailboats are not supposed to be comfy. Arrgh

Have a great weekend, Tom.

Well, yeah, that too!! :D

Although I do like to make a practice of, when I'm about 5 NM out, to call in and ask "other sailboats in the harbor please advise". :)

But there's not much better than waking up on a sailboat, fixing coffee...

And you have a great weekend too, Richard!

Last edited:
Actually, I keep threatening to broadcast a Security announcement just before leaving my slip each time we go sailing. Something alone the lines of "Attention all sailboats. Check your auxiliary engines as Cougar Pride is leaving its slip. The wind should die within one half hour!"

I used to think about hiring myself to farmers in drought regions - they pay me, and I'd ride my motorcycle through their area. Always rains. Always.

Well...Friday afternoon as I was getting ready to leave, I found out that I have to work today. Oh boy. So here I sit, just in case anyone meeds any photoshop work done. Nothing specific to do. Just sit and surf...waiting. Bah humbug. Dee, I devoutly hope you have a quiet day today.:yes:

Frank Browne said:
Well...Friday afternoon as I was getting ready to leave, I found out that I have to work today. Oh boy. So here I sit, just in case anyone meeds any photoshop work done. Nothing specific to do. Just sit and surf...waiting. Bah humbug. Dee, I devoutly hope you have a quiet day today.:yes:

About the same here. Lander University is apparently open for business today. Of course many employees have taken the day off, so I just get to sit here and wait for any trouble calls. Will probably watch some more CCNA videos.

I did just get a government job to keep me busy for a few minutes. A coworker (in another department) just brought me a disk with some photos of her niece in Iraq and she asked me if I could snap them up a little and print them for her. I just finished my work on a large monthly on friday, so this week will be slow for me. It goes to press this coming friday, so I will be taking next week off. Gotta get outta here for a few days! If I don't get to breathe some salt are soon, I'll go nuts! :drink:

Frank Browne said:

That sucks Frank!!!
I hope everyone knows I was just joking about having a crappy weekend, because I had to work. I actually like working when its busy out. This was a fairly quiet weekend. So far no one has done anything REALLY stupid, however we are out looking for a couple of rafters that disappeared after their raft popped last night. helo just lifted off to go and look, and I've got a dozen folks on the shores combing the brush. Hopefully they got to the shore and just forgot to call us..........

Frank Browne said:

YES!!! helo found them about 15 minutes into the flight. The both of them made it to a sandbar in the river and spent a chilly night there. Really glad they are OK, as the river has been running quite a bit higher than normal due to the warm temps and all the rain. They got a ride to the Lake Wenatchee airstrip where their much relieved friends met up with them.

All in all it was a VERY nice weekend. No one was seriously injured or died from their stupidity (we usually get at least one a year), and some of the youngsters learned the county motto, "Welcome to Chelan County. Come on vacation, leave on probation".

Only glitch in the weekend was this afternoon when we lost a microwave link for some of our radio freqs. That was fun......not. but I did get to learn a bit about troubleshooting radio issues over the phone.

Last edited:
Let'sgoflying! said:
Yahh three days; mmmm.
I started with 270nm across sunnyTexas skies at 11.5.
:)

That's a good start. :yes:

I did a flight to KC. MSN-OJC-MO8-C29-MSN-RYV-MSN. (That last hop to ferry the plane over for its annual.) MSN-OJC started at 4,500 to try to minimize headwinds, but I ended up at 10,500 to minimize bumps.

OJC-MO8 way down low and pilotage-only... What great fun! After all the instrument training I'd been doing, it really was neat to go low enough (2000-3000 MSL) to actually read the water towers to verify my position. :yes: I followed roads, railroads, and a small river. It wasn't as fun as a Cub, but still a great time. :)

MO8-C29 was again IFR at 9,000 feet, and the remainder of the short hops were at 3,000 or less. Summer is definitely here though, as it was kind of bumpy down low.

Back