Be like Ted!

CharlieD3

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CharlieD3
Not like Mike...

And, don't sell your airplane and start an RV lifestyle... Keep your plane, fly to a great spot, rent an RV.... Interesting concept. Might work for some folks...

https://www.fly2rv.com/

There’s a lot of merit to that idea, provided you’re targeting it to those areas where RVs are the best idea (out west, Alaska, etc). Makes less sense on the eastern states where hotels are more plentiful if you’re going to fly.

You can accomplish the same thing using RVezy or Ourdoorsy, if the owner has an option to deliver the RV to you, or you can take an Uber/Lyft to pick it up.

You know, I was thinking about that...

Reactions: Ted
Counterpoint: don’t be like Ted.

The world can’t handle more than one of me.

Talk, Ted.
Ted, talk.
TED Talk.
Hmmm.

I would really like to do a TED talk just because then it would be Ted’s TED talk. But I don’t think they’d be interested.

Does that mean that I’m supposed to nominate myself or someone else is supposed to nominate me?
Ha. Either-or. The one TED talker I met was at a TEDx who, as I recall, nominated himself. However, I'm sure one of use here would nominate you if you so choose. Regardless, you need to bring your A-game. Here's more info. TED/TEDx talks are definitely an interesting source of opinion.;):)
https://www.ted.com/about/conferences/speaking-at-ted
upload_2022-5-8_19-34-34.png

Terrestrial Extra Deleted.

Coincidence? I think not. He is from another world and trying to minimalize himself.

...especially when you just quit yer jerb by email.

Or, was it text?

Heh, email. And "one of my jerbs" -- I have more jobs than a Jamaican lately. I also have a mortgage again, so, can't be reckless.

I mainly take umbrage at "don't be like Mike", which is literally my favorite thing in the world. :D

Cool. You can fly in using your Cessna and rent a Gulfstream!

Orrr... Fly in using your RV and rent a Mercedes.

ETA: Looking at the list of airports covered by that website - they are nowhere near anywhere I would want to be camping. Yuck!

Last edited:
ETA: Looking at the list of airports covered by that website - they are nowhere near anywhere I would want to be camping. Yuck!

I just took a look at that list (hadn't before). Yeah, that's probably where they were able to get airports and dealers that already rent RVs to agree to participate, but holy crap are they ever getting the locations wrong. Only a few of them have any potential in my opinion.

Back