Bay Area AME

flyingriki

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
flyingriki
Any recommendations? Preferably East Bay.

PAMF has a couple, but I don't think any are in the East Bay.

There is one in Los Altos I visit every other year.

That's helpful....?
Umm, googling "PAMF AME" came up with the Los Altos aviation medicine office.

http://www.pamf.org/aviation/

Here's another result: this time "Oakland AME" came up with one guy right next to KOAK, http://flightphysical.com/dr-stewart-morris (after a bunch of Baptist churches).

That's 30 seconds of Google anyone is capable of, so please don't accuse me of being unhelpful.

If you need something more than just a name of an AME, you'll have to ask for more than the name of an AME.

I did, I asked for RECOMMENDATIONS. Yes I know how to Google. Overhauled my own engine so not completely freaking ignorant....

I did, I asked for RECOMMENDATIONS. Yes I know how to Google. Overhauled my own engine so not completely freaking ignorant....
A recommendation would require some info as for what the recommendation is for. An uncomplicated Class 2 renewal is trivial and any physician with a designation and a pulse will do. Class 1 requires some additional equipment, but if it's uncomplicated, it's still nearly trivial.

If you have an SI, that's an entirely different question. PAMF claims to deal extensively with those, but I don't have one so I can't comment first hand.

Or are you just looking for cost? That's a moving target, substantially better resolved with a phone call. My last one was half the cost of the previous one, with no change in condition or procedures or even the physician, aside from a corrected change in eyeglass prescription.

rec·om·men·da·tion
ˌrekəmənˈdāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. a suggestion or proposal as to the best course of action, especially one put forward by an authoritative body
....to which I would add first hand personal experience qualifies one as to an "Authoritative body" for a recommendation...which is what someone looking for a recommendation is usually after...and I would surmise that since this primarily a GA board, a Third Class may be what the OP is after without any further qualification on the request of an AME.

Any Dips#!t can Google.

But I could be completely wrong.

rec·om·men·da·tion
ˌrekəmənˈdāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. a suggestion or proposal as to the best course of action, especially one put forward by an authoritative body
....to which I would add first hand personal experience qualifies one as to an "Authoritative body" for a recommendation...which is what someone looking for a recommendation is usually after...and I would surmise that since this primarily a GA board, a Third Class may be what the OP is after without any further qualification on the request of an AME.

Any Dips#!t can Google.

But I could be completely wrong.

The OP is a commercial pilot, so it's definitely not Class 3.

How can you possibly know who qualifies as an "authoritative body" without knowing the qualifications? I've had several Class 2s (even though I don't need that class -- it's a zero risk and zero cost substitution) done at PAMF, and it served the purpose of a generic uncomplicated renewal over 40 without excessive schedule pressure. Does that mean it will work for anyone else? Hell, no. Circumstances matter.

How can you answer the question beyond what Google can do if you don't know what the question is?

The OP isn't remotely a commercial pilot, most don't fly canards they overhauled....
Thanks Shawn and stsflyer!

How can you answer the question beyond what Google can do if you don't know what the question is?

Recommendation...which usually means looking for PERSONAL or first hand experience...for an AME for most likely a Third Class medial in the East Bay Area? You had a hard time figuring out that question?

You must be an engineer!

Recommendation...which usually means looking for PERSONAL or first hand experience...for an AME for most likely a Third Class medial in the East Bay Area? You had a hard time figuring out that question?

You must be an engineer!

Yeah, but I read your response and it had the exact same meaning as mine.

NONE of us have firsthand experience with any conditions described in this thread. Why? Because there aren't any conditions described in this thread. All we can do is project our own irrelevant experiences onto someone else who can't be bothered to tell us what his real question is.

He has gotten exactly the same information a 30 second Google search would have given him. If he wants more, he'll have to ask for it.

It amazes me it takes an engineer to understand how to ask a question.

This guy us just too dense and impressed with himself to answer a simple question. He seems to think Google makes recommedations. Probaby does his research on Wiki and Snopes too. Admins can stick this if they don't like it. Dumb is dumb. And obnoxious about it is asking for a response like this. Not an engineer. Can't interpret simple English and can't give a straight answer....lawyer or politician!
Thanks again for the ONE recommendation in 14 posts.....

Last edited:
Seidenverg is a retired surgeon and does medicals part time to keep working. He's also a pilot and loves to talk flying. My last medical took about 20 minutes and we talked flying for 40 minutes. I suspect he'll retire with the new class 3 rules taking effect. He has a small office at the Napa airport.

I used to use Dr. Stewart Morris at KOAK and he was OK, but kind of a crusty old fart that was not at all about customer service, but got the job done. I don't live in Oakland anymore and now I use Dr. Stewert Bussey in Walnut Creek. Quicker, a tiny bit cheaper and likes to talk about airplanes.

Met with the crusty guy, really enjoyed the conversation. $140 third class.

I second the rec for Bussey in Walnut Creek

I can't find the guy I used to use in St. Helena. Must be retired.

Back