Batting, er, teaching 1.000

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
He'd passed the oral in January, and finally today, dad's schedule, the examiner's schedule, and the weather finally all coincided so he could take the flight portion of his ride. During all the mock check rides we did (I signed him off in December) he would always let his altitude slip the first time around on the maneuvers. I finall said, screw it, I know he can pass the ride, and the only way he's probably going to finally get manuever altitudes drilled into his brain is if he has to pay the exam fee twice and get a damn pink slip out of it, so I signed him off anyway. The instructors comment about his flying was how impressed he was at his altitude control. Never deviated more than 20 feet on any manuever. What's up with that?

During the preflight he was also a bit proactive and brought extra pencils, told the examiner if the examiner dropped a pencil he had plenty in his shirt pocket for him. Also said he didn't like candy or gum and didn't want any offered during the flight, and also said that he considered bringing a roll of duct tape if the examiner talked too much but said the pilot isolate switch would probably be a nicer way of shutting him up.

Ride sounded like it was easier than mine, so no more getting permission from me to fly anywhere.

Last edited:
Congratulations to both you and your Dad! I know it has been a long time coming. Good on ya both!

-Skip

Congrats to the student! He took what the instuctor showed him and made it better. :)

As I said via SMS, BZ to both you and your father!

Brad's lucky to have such a good instructor (I'd assume....I've flown with ya, never received dual from ya)

Ed, Congratulations to both you and your father. I'm sure he's VERY excited . . . and I sense an little bit of a sense of accomplishment and excitement in your post as well ;)

I like his attitude. Pure Pilot in Command. Congratulations to you both.

Yahoo! Way to go, Brad. But the outcome was never really in doubt. Brad has his head screwed on right and I've got the feeling Ed is a pretty extensive, intensive instructor.

Congratulations Brad!

Barb

Back