BasicMed: One Pilot’s Story

It's easy. I walked into a clinic that does CDL, paid my $55.00, got a doctor who had never done a BasicMed, but he had no problem with the simple checklist.

Minor inaccuracy in the article: the exam and course documents are not "carried in lieu of a Class III AME issued medical". They're just kept with your logbook, all to be made available upon request.

Minor inaccuracy in the article: the exam and course documents are not "carried in lieu of a Class III AME issued medical". They're just kept with your logbook, all to be made available upon request.

And the only time my logbook is with me when I'm going flying is if I need a signature in it from a CFI(I). Otherwise, it's at home. And it, along with the checklist and certificate of completion of the course, will be made available if requested. No problem.

It's easy. I walked into a clinic that does CDL, paid my $55.00, got a doctor who had never done a BasicMed, but he had no problem with the simple checklist.
My primary care doctor had no problem signing me off. Did the course good for 2 years once again. Been through 20 annuals, 10 BFR's and 10 flight physicals, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it then I wake up,,..:)

I know it's off topic but a friend had to be medevac'd out of Juneau last week for heart surgery. The bill was outrageous. I just signed up for Guardian Flight Medevac insurance $125 a year and it covers my wife and I

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back