BasicMed Doc

Star Keeper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Star Keeper
So I talked to my Medical Provider about BasicMed. She performed the exam and was happy to sign off on it but after doing research the fact that she is a Nurse Practitioner seems to prevent her from signing off even though she is state licensed. I asked if any of the doctors at the practice can sign off but none of them are taking new patients and none will sign off without seeing me themselves. Any recommendations on where to look for a doc to just do the exam and sign off on it? Otherwise I have to go through the 3rd class again and do the SI for OSA which will limit me to a 1 year and the hassles of pulling the data from my machine and sending it to the FAA.

Well that was easy. OK follow up. Do I need to send any of the document to the FAA or do I simply keep the exam checklist and signature page in my logs along with my old 3rd class in the event it is requested?

Read the info on the FAA page, but in short - no, you keep the form in your logbook. When you complete the required on-line training you will enter the doctor’s name, license number, and the date of the exam. No medical info goes to the FAA.

I believe basicmed requires the form to be signed by a state licensed physician. As basic as the basicmed form and exam is, it seems that requirement unnecessarily exclusive to all the quite capable NP's and PA's. If there is a place that does DOT physicals nearby you might find a physician there willing to sign it.

Read the info on the FAA page, but in short - no, you keep the form in your logbook. When you complete the required on-line training you will enter the doctor’s name, license number, and the date of the exam. No medical info goes to the FAA.
Gotcha. My confusion is that they reference the exam checklist remaining in your logbook but since the checklist prints on a separate page from the signature page I thought the two were separate documents.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back