BasicMed Departure Procedure

The Morse made me chuckle. Heh.

Get 3rd class by pass

So, not to be "that guy" but I just did BasicMed and it was the easiest process imaginable.

Step 1: See doctor and let him fondle your balls
Step 2: Take AOPA's class and learn all about how important it is to get a good night's sleep before flying.

Done

So, not to be "that guy" but I just did BasicMed and it was the easiest process imaginable.

Step 1: See doctor and let him fondle your balls
Step 2: Take AOPA's class and learn all about how important it is to get a good night's sleep before flying.

Done
Get a female doctor. It makes that part of the exam more... enjoyable.

Now that it is in, AOPA is pulling another GOTCHA ---- telling you to be wary if you log time as a Safety. Supposedly illegal to as as SIC with BasicMed ---- they nicely avoided that while pushing for BasicMed

Imcomplete. Obviously designed by the FAA and not a software person.

Now that it is in, AOPA is pulling another GOTCHA ---- telling you to be wary if you log time as a Safety. Supposedly illegal to as as SIC with BasicMed ---- they nicely avoided that while pushing for BasicMed
That has nothing to do with the push and everything to do with the way Congress wrote it. It was written to allow people to act as pilot in command. The issue of acting as a different required crewmember was missed by everyone.

And, i't It's not AOPA telling you the gotcha the FAA is telling you the gotcha. It, and the reason, is right in the FAA's FAQ on BasicMed.

Imcomplete. Obviously designed by the FAA and not a software person.
To be accurate, it wasn't designed by the FAA. It was designed by Congress. And it seems to me I've heard the word "bug" used now and then in things I'm pretty sure were designed by "software people. :D

To be accurate, it wasn't designed by the FAA. It was designed by Congress. And it seems to me I've heard the word "bug" used now and then in things I'm pretty sure were designed by "software people. :D
I think he's talking about the flow chart.

Why would you log SIC as a safety?

Shouldn't both be logging PIc?
A safety pilot must be acting as PIC in order to log PIC time. There are situations in which the safety pilot cannot act as PIC. Some are regulatory, others practical.

Common ones: non-endorsed safety pilot in a complex or HP airplane, not meeting insurance requirements, and not checked out at the FBO.

I don't see the problem for most of us. I'm a basic med pilot. Assuming I meet all the requirements in 91.109 me and the hooded pilot agree that while the hood is being worn them I'm acting as PIC. If there is a problem I promise to reach over and yank the guy's hood off, thus making him both 'real' and 'acting' PIC.

I don't log safety pilot time, so that's not an issue for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back