BasicMed...Anyone have a PCP refuse?

Yes I called ahead of time to make sure he did the Basicmed physicals, actually I called twice to make sure. Also I took all my lab results in to him, I was up front with him on everything. Had my old special issuance 3rd class with me and showed him, it expired in 2014. Passed the eye, blood pressure the complete physical. He didn't follow the check list for the Basic Med because it was like a 3rd class physical. All my lab work was good my blood sugar was 7.8 A1c The FAA cutoff is 9.0 A1c I was way under. I gave him a list of all the meds that I take everyone of them are ok by the FAA. Maybe the Type 2 diabetic scared him off. I am in good shape I work out three times a week, I'm an aircraft mechanic doing yoga in aircraft, Some of these aircraft its a work out in itself to get into tight plaices.
Did you ask him why he wouldn't sign you off? As you said, maybe it was the DM2... and if it was, it was most likely your A1C rather than just being a diabetic. I think 9.0 is the FAA absolute cutoff for issuance under any conditions, but the need for an SI for 3rd class privileges begins somewhere in the 6.x range as I recall, and 7.8 is WAY up there by that standard.

It also doesn't bode well from a long-term health standpoint.

But if that was why he didn't sign you off then he should have told you.

Don't forget to do the Basic Med course on line. You do the course then take a quiz. After you pass the quiz you can print out your completion certificate. Check all the boxes to complete form, had me wondering what I did wrong until I checked all the boxes

Add me to the list of people flying on BasicMed. I had the physical this morning and finished the test shortly after. Mandatory check boxes at the end of the test freaked me out a bit, but overall, a very simple process. Now I just need the weather to cooperate.

Back