Bank of America buying MBNA

I know folks that work at BOA. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure this will be the kind of improvement you expect.

Let's see we'll have 6000 less folks to support the same number of customers..........

wsuffa said:
I know folks that work at BOA. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure this will be the kind of improvement you expect.

OK, then maybe they'll hang onto the customer prevention reps.

corjulo said:
Can't you just feel the benefit to consumers already? :no: :no: :no: :eek: B)

Can't be as bad as the "customer no-service" folks I dealt with at Chase a few years ago. Or could they?

Satisfied BofA customer here...

ejensen said:
Let's see we'll have 6000 less folks to support the same number of customers..........

Well, 6000 less here. They'll just hire 2000 more 'Arnolds' in Mumbai for the price of the watercooler subscription here, and you won't even notice the difference...:hairraise:

No fan of MBNA, but sucks if you are one of the 6000...

I have to wonder what will happen to the MBNA call centers in Orono, Belfast, and Farmington, Maine with this news? All three are a significant employer in a state that is really taking a pounding employment-wise. :(

Fast n' Furious said:
I have to wonder what will happen to the MBNA call centers in Orono, Belfast, and Farmington, Maine with this news? All three are a significant employer in a state that is really taking a pounding employment-wise. :(

Sometime within the last several months someone (Harley?) posted WRT these call centers moving from town to town leaving a large unemployed work force.

Fast n' Furious said:

MBNA has SOLD the Rockland and Camden properties to a development firm from Baltimore(I think, Baltimore). And those properties were worth MILLIONS.

HR

Back