Ban Hammers

The thing everyone should note is that in Europe, which has more rational firearm laws (IMHO), terrorists are less likely to be (fire)armed and therefore less lethal.
I own and carry concealed but only because the crazies here do too (horse is far out of barn referrable to firearm control here).

Last edited:
Mow down a crowd of people in seconds in a truck and nobody can even attempt do anything about it because nobody has a firearm to protect themselves.

Well, someone in the UK proposed banning knives a while ago when there were a lot of knife attacks...

Mow down a crowd of people in seconds in a truck and nobody can even attempt do anything about it because nobody has a firearm to protect themselves.

I am no gun control advocate, but this might be worth some food for thought. The total number of people killed in Europe from terrorism in the past two years isn't even close to the firearms deaths in the USA in that same time.

No excuse for what's going on either side of the Atlantic. But let's keep it in perspective.

I am no gun control advocate, but this might be worth some food for thought. The total number of people killed in Europe from terrorism in the past two years isn't even close to the firearms deaths in the USA in that same time.

No excuse for what's going on either side of the Atlantic. But let's keep it in perspective.
and those were the illegal fire arms.....law abiding folks don't do that.

Stay tuned, terrorism is on the rise.

And if you really want to keep things in perspective, consider some US annual statistics:
11,000 firearm homicides
35,000 motor vehicle deaths
88,000 alcohol related deaths
700,000 abortions reported to CDC

Last edited:

LOL. You could have probably used Chicago over a typical weekend as your comparison.

Don't Ban the Hammer. Haterz!

Last edited:
Firearms and abortions mentioned in same post? - IBTL indeed

The guy here used a cleaver. Like a hammer it is an utterly pathetic weapon, only good in motion on the down swing. At least with my chef's knife one can stab...

Wouldn't it be ironic to get banned for starting a thread about banning that has nothing to do with banning here?

I've yet to see that happen, and certainly wouldn't vote for it myself.

Arm -n- Hammer time.....:D

I use Arm & Hammer in the plane. It works well for cleaning and getting the smells out that some of the passengers leave behind.

Actually I'm considering taking the carpets out for dog runs, or at least the big sections of carpet. It's pretty quick to do (held on by velcro) and probably saves 5-10 lbs.

maybe it's time to lift the ban on assault weapons.....?

It would make sense as more people (in the US) are killed each year by blunt weapons (clubs, hammers, etc) than rifles. Really. Most guns homicides are by pistol.

Worse yet there are more deaths by stabbing than blunt weapons and rifles combined!

I've yet to see that happen, and certainly wouldn't vote for it myself.

I use Arm & Hammer in the plane. It works well for cleaning and getting the smells out that some of the passengers leave behind.

Actually I'm considering taking the carpets out for dog runs, or at least the big sections of carpet. It's pretty quick to do (held on by velcro) and probably saves 5-10 lbs.
that thing has to be one big flea bag.....o_O

Stay tuned, terrorism is on the rise.

And if you really want to keep things in perspective, consider some US annual statistics:
11,000 firearm homicides
35,000 motor vehicle deaths
88,000 alcohol related deaths
700,000 abortions reported to CDC
Why bring in politics into this? Keep your views on abortion to yourself.

that thing has to be one big flea bag.....o_O

No fleas that we've found, the dogs are treated for that.

But sometimes they don't get walked well enough before the flight...

Come on, folks. Unless you're trying to get this thread locked (which would be considered trolling), let's not let it go downhill.

Back