Baltimore / Washington AMEs

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Any recommendations for a good AME in this area, especially one who knows how to handle SODAs?

Unfortunately, my AME died recently (and I just found out). Good guy, and well-liked.

And I just found out too. Bummer.

He was a nice guy, and my AME since 2001.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for this area? I'd appreciate any input!

Which AME passed away? I just visited a gentleman in Gaithersburg back in May. Hope it wasn't him...

Thanks. Not the guy I saw, but still a loss to the community I'm sure.

What side of town?

And are you asking about a SODA (statement of demonstrated ability, usually done with a FSDO inspector) or SIs (special issuances)?

I saw last Ambrish Gupta in Arlington. I can't speak to his ability to process SIs but he was fine (unremarkable really) otherwise.

What side of town?

And are you asking about a SODA (statement of demonstrated ability, usually done with a FSDO inspector) or SIs (special issuances)?

I saw last Ambrish Gupta in Arlington. I can't speak to his ability to process SIs but he was fine (unremarkable really) otherwise.
Thanks!

I already have the SODA. The only questions is that if the AME doesn't do the exam himself, often the assistant doesn't understand that I should not be tested on the element the SODA covers.

Arlington is a bit far for me, but if he's good, I'll go.

Thanks!

I already have the SODA. The only questions is that if the AME doesn't do the exam himself, often the assistant doesn't understand that I should not be tested on the element the SODA covers.

Arlington is a bit far for me, but if he's good, I'll go.
I can't speak to how effective he is at dealing with anything more complicated than a standard issue.

You might want to ping the DCPilots yahoo group. A lot of good local information there.

Back