For Sale Balsa Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is yet another testament as to why PoA has gone downhill as an aviation site.
Lol.

Dude, a guy promotes his business here and gets dissed for it. What's any of that have to do with aviation? Nothing of course and it has no effect on the aviation content of the site. No one here pretends or has pretended that only aviation is discussed here. In fact this thread is in a portion of the site where non-aviation related topics are open for discussion. At least the OP got that part right.

Of course the OP couldn't be someone just being funny and is playing along.

Yea, crapping all over a new member who is a foreigner is humorous. Right. Sac Arrow was the only one to show any decency and try to help the guy out.
He was a new member promoting a business. Keep it in perspective.

Yea, crapping all over a new member who is a foreigner is humorous. Right. Sac Arrow was the only one to show any decency and try to help the guy out.
Get over yourself. They're rightfully crapping on a poster who logs on to push a product (in violation of the rules) that really has nothing to do with aviation. He probably has this site confused with model airplane builders.

only person who said anything about him "being a foreigner" was you. but then I guess you couldn't be as overly dramatic as you are being without bringing that into play.

AOA indicators anyone? We've been that route before.

Get over yourself. They're rightfully crapping on a poster who logs on to push a product (in violation of the rules) that really has nothing to do with aviation. He probably has this site confused with model airplane builders.

Because model airplanes have nothing to do with aviation, right?

Signed, Life Member, Academy of Model Aeronautics
Pilot & Owner, Full-Scale Aircraft

On a serious note, you might try RC airplane forums (I don't know any off hand but they should be easy enough to find) as wood in general, particularly balsa, has limited use for most people here.
I know lots, but none I hate that much.

On a serious note, you might try RC airplane forums (I don't know any off hand but they should be easy enough to find) as wood in general, particularly balsa, has limited use for most people here.
Hey, my retirement project is to build a full size balsa airplane and run it with a Cox .049.

Hey, my retirement project is to build a full size balsa airplane and run it with a Cox .049.

I think you can get approval to fit a 0.35 on there. It'd climb a lot better and you'd probably have a faster cruise. 'course, fuel consumption would go way up. Can you fit a half gallon tank, maybe?

I think you can get approval to fit a 0.35 on there. It'd climb a lot better and you'd probably have a faster cruise. 'course, fuel consumption would go way up. Can you fit a half gallon tank, maybe?

I much prefer a 0.48 four stroke. More torque, better sound. :) But it won't pull a full-scale nothing around the sky . . .

The de Havilland Mosqito used balsa wood in portions of the fuselage. Maybe try to find someone building one of those.
mosquito-restoration.jpeg

our web is karyadasarutama dot com

Nicely done website.

As soft as it is, balsa is actually classified as a hardwood.

I might be bogus on this, but I think all deciduous trees are considered hardwood, conifers are softwood. But I wouldn't swear to it. Balsa is indeed deciduous.

Last edited:
I might be bogus on this, but I think all deciduous trees are considered hardwood, conifers are softwood. But I wouldn't swear to it.

TIL while watching PBS' Woodsmith Shop.

I dunno about that. I suspect there are a lot of pilots who also dabble in RC.

Rich

Holy crap, I thought was pulling our collective legs. But sure enough, a google search reveals that balsa is indeed a hardwood. Whodathunk? I can't wait to tell the wife that balsa is the second-softest hardwood.

Holy crap, I thought was pulling our collective legs. But sure enough, a google search reveals that balsa is indeed a hardwood. Whodathunk? I can't wait to tell the wife that balsa is the second-softest hardwood.

Me too. Who would that Balsa, as easy it is to cut with an Xacto Knife would be classified as a hardwood? Learn sumpthin' new every day and forget to things. :D

Next time you're in Jakarta, maybe stop by his shop and give us a full report.

can u put me on your mailing list? my email is ted at banhammer dot com, you can change at to @ and dot to .

I ought to register that domain name before someone else does.

Moving to The Classifieds, where it belongs.

Also, while I'll certainly admit laughing at some of these posts and the OP posted in the incorrect forum (which is a forgivable offense given that English does not appear to be his first language), let's please lay off the commentary.

I've been praying to see the balsa wood thread and the cheap airplane thread next to each other.

That's the holy grail of juxtaposed threads!

QUOTE="Ravioli, post: 2384187, member: 23826"]I've been praying to see the balsa wood thread and the cheap airplane thread next to each other.

That's the holy grail of juxtaposed threads![/QUOTE]

You oughta know! :rofl:

Last edited:
Can I buy the nose cone portion of a Gentle Lady RC glider?
I am looking for something to sand for 6 days straight, only making it less aerodynamic in the process.

Since the commentary hasn't stopped, this thread has been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back