Ballpark price for entire exp panel

Discussion in 'Home Builders and Sport Pilots' started by Let'sgoflying!, Mar 20, 2017.

1. SoCal RV Flyer

SoCal RV Flyer Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    SoCal RV Flyer
    Agreed. I'll wear a rib protector to fend off those elbows!!

Thanks! I wanted to make it simple and clean, lots of space between the switches so I wouldn't inadvertently hit one. I went really simple on things like the flaps; no preset positions, just a two-way momentary with off in the middle. Does get a little busy in the pattern as the large-ish flaps pitch the nose up a lot, requiring significant trim change.

2. tspear

tspear Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    Timothy
    Curious, one plane I am considering purchasing basically needs to be completely rewired. None of the avionics are useful, and the power system is not designed with the redundancy I would want for a plane with electronic ignition.
    If I ordered a complete new panel from Stein or someone else, including harnesses, what level of work would I be in for?

Tim

3. kyleb

kyleb En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Drake the Outlaw
    Stein can provide panel side harnesses for whatever you want, complete with connectors. But you're still gonna have to pull new wires in the airplane for sensors, antennae, redundant electrical supply, mic jacks, PTT, etc. It'll be tens of hours of work at best.

4. Ravioli

Ravioli En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pasta Man
    @SoCal RV Flyer - I tried to private message you about OSH. software denied it.

We'll be there Wed - Sun. Let us know if you'd like to meet.

5. German guy

German guy Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    Oliver
    Do you possible know if they will offer some kind of Oshkosh special?

6. SoCal RV Flyer

SoCal RV Flyer Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    SoCal RV Flyer
    Yeah, that'd be great! PM me over on VAF with your phone number, and I'll respond with mine. I'm "rightrudder" over there.

7. ChiefPilot

ChiefPilot Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    ChiefPilot
    My panel has about 18K worth of stuff in it, but is fully IFR capable and has ADS-B in/out. Initially I spent about 7K, and had IFR capability but with a non-WAAS GPS using used avionics. I have incrementally upgraded it over the last five years to get it where I wanted it today, and was able to sell the old stuff for only slightly less than what I paid for them (I lost $200 on the KX-155 w/glideslope after four years, for example). The modular design of the panel makes it pretty easy.

[​IMG]

SoCal RV Flyer likes this.