Ballpark price for entire exp panel

Thanks for the pic of the SX in the sun. Looks great!!!

I think the uavionix booth is going to be swamped at OSH. If some guy is elbowing you out of the way, it's probably me!

Agreed. I'll wear a rib protector to fend off those elbows!!

That is a neat and efficient-looking panel.

Thanks! I wanted to make it simple and clean, lots of space between the switches so I wouldn't inadvertently hit one. I went really simple on things like the flaps; no preset positions, just a two-way momentary with off in the middle. Does get a little busy in the pattern as the large-ish flaps pitch the nose up a lot, requiring significant trim change.

Curious, one plane I am considering purchasing basically needs to be completely rewired. None of the avionics are useful, and the power system is not designed with the redundancy I would want for a plane with electronic ignition.
If I ordered a complete new panel from Stein or someone else, including harnesses, what level of work would I be in for?

Tim

Curious, one plane I am considering purchasing basically needs to be completely rewired. None of the avionics are useful, and the power system is not designed with the redundancy I would want for a plane with electronic ignition.
If I ordered a complete new panel from Stein or someone else, including harnesses, what level of work would I be in for?

Tim

Stein can provide panel side harnesses for whatever you want, complete with connectors. But you're still gonna have to pull new wires in the airplane for sensors, antennae, redundant electrical supply, mic jacks, PTT, etc. It'll be tens of hours of work at best.

@SoCal RV Flyer - I tried to private message you about OSH. software denied it.

We'll be there Wed - Sun. Let us know if you'd like to meet.

How has your SX been in sunlight? I'm about to pull the trigger at OSH for dual 8.4" Sport SX screens, one with AHRS. Will Also install the uavionix UAT/GPS combo to interface with a Garmin GTX 327. Also planing to replace my Rocky Mountain engine monitor for a GRT EIS 4000. All told, about $8100.00

Do you possible know if they will offer some kind of Oshkosh special?

@SoCal RV Flyer - I tried to private message you about OSH. software denied it.

We'll be there Wed - Sun. Let us know if you'd like to meet.

Yeah, that'd be great! PM me over on VAF with your phone number, and I'll respond with mine. I'm "rightrudder" over there.

My panel has about 18K worth of stuff in it, but is fully IFR capable and has ADS-B in/out. Initially I spent about 7K, and had IFR capability but with a non-WAAS GPS using used avionics. I have incrementally upgraded it over the last five years to get it where I wanted it today, and was able to sell the old stuff for only slightly less than what I paid for them (I lost $200 on the KX-155 w/glideslope after four years, for example). The modular design of the panel makes it pretty easy.

34377893326_c0b67f2a23_c.jpg

Back