Ball Caps - the "Hip-Hop" Look

tumblr_lwmrmhqfeX1qdcv3go1_500.jpg

I knew it was too cool to be true.

http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp

I really like it when someone jacks up the rear end of a car to make room for big slicks... on a front-wheel-drive car! Snicker.

"You need to put some chains on the trailer." - Radio, Ice Road Truckers

"You need to put some chains on the trailer." - Radio, Ice Road Truckers

That might actually help the trailer brakes. ;) ;) ;)

It does ... in fact some places require chains on trailers when weather dictates chain laws in effect. Nothing like having traction on the drivers and watching your trailer pass you as you try to slow down on ice and snow. BTDT ... imagine it's as much fun as a ground loop...

Neither do I:mad:..... I never did well on ghetto stereotype quizzes. I was too busy studying aviation and electronics as I was growing up, and I kept my pants up at all times:rofl:

Sorry, Red Tail. We can vouch that there are few humans on the planet as nice as Spike who started this and did not go there. "There" was uncalled for, but hey, we joke and tease.

Vis:
(Hand to forehead, shaking head...)

Try to come meet up with us at some future opportunity so we can all offend each other in the flesh. :D

Sorry, Red Tail. We can vouch that there are few humans on the planet as nice as Spike who started this and did not go there. "There" was uncalled for, but hey, we joke and tease.

Vis:

Try to come meet up with us at some future opportunity so we can all offend each other in the flesh. :D

(Thank you, Mike).

There are those who say that the mere fact of seeing me, in the flesh, offends. :confused:

(Thank you, Mike).

There are those who say that the mere fact of seeing me, in the flesh, offends. :confused:

Well hearing you and/or seeing your post offends, so I imagine seeing you "in the flesh" is quite horrific too.

:rofl:

:D

Okay this thread got me thinking. It is apparent that many people on here lack basic urban ghetto knowledge. To that end I've put together a little quiz for you alls to test your urban savvy.

1. A black man approaches you and says in a quiet voice "Check it yo, I've got some phat assed killa." He means:

a) I have an overweight hit man availabe for hire.
b) I have some top grade marijuana for sale.
c) Please call the police, someone is trying to kill me.

2. You approach Jamaal the pimp in front of his customized metallic chartreus Mercedes. He says to you "First up, check the blades on the benz." You proceed to:

a) Place all of your knives on the hood of his car.
b) Investigate an automotive cooling system issue.
c) Express admiration for his rims.

3. Yolanda, Jonesha and Latifa walk by. You say to your home boy:

a) "Them stank hoes gots ass for days!"
b) "Those poor girls really need to get more exercise."
c) "I wonder if they have boyfriends."

4. Match the following East Bay rappers with the symbolic messages below: E40, Spice 1 and Too $hort

a) Killing g's with a gat__________
b) Denegrating women__________
c) Dealing dope________________

5. You are walking down a street in North Oakland (I know you wouldn't, but let's say you are) and a man tells you he'll sell you a grill. The significance is:

a) George Foreman, like many aging athletes with an underprivileged upbringing, became destitute and is desparate for money.
b) The local Wal Mart got knocked off last week.
c) A local enterpraneur discovered a way to unload outdated niche jewelry items with limited value - sell it to the white folks driving through this part of town to get their "cultural experience."

WOW man, really??? #3 reminds me of the time I introduced myself to someone. He laughed and asked "Why do all black people have names nobody can pronounce?" and looked back at his friends for support. I said "It's 2 syllables. Dah-nos. And whats the problem? It's not enough that we have your last names?" I don't think he got it. Maybe one of his friends explained it to him because I wasn't going to waste my time. And I've wasted enough here.

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that regardless of what you say, and regardless of the intent, if it has any significance or humor to it there will always be SOMEONE that will miss the context and take offense to it.

This is very evident not just here, but across the entire (message) board.

Last edited:
So often seen in concert with baggy pants with the crotch hanging down around the knees, ball caps with a giant bill, razor-straight, mostly worn in a carefully-arranged off-kilter style.

I often have the urge to approach the wearer, take the hat and say, "here, let me help you with that," while bending the bill to a nice, well-crafted arc.

In so doing, I guess I'd be crushing the spirit of a home boy from the mean streets of north Dallas.

Yeah, and you look great in your hawaiian shirt and khaki's. :rolleyes2:

We're being "fair" ... not everyone in your
generation is an idiot who doesn't know how to wear pants. :)

A friend of mine "doesn't know how to wear pants" and is going to Stetson Law University this year. Soooo **** you and your stereotypes I guess :)

generation-y.jpg

Now you know why they call them Generation "Y"...

Dan

Last edited:
Back