Ball Caps - the "Hip-Hop" Look

I have an almost uncontrollable urge to yank their pants the rest of the way down and then push them backwards and watch them stumble and fall.

*almost* uncontrollable.

I have an almost uncontrollable urge to yank their pants the rest of the way down and then push them backwards and watch them stumble and fall.

*almost* uncontrollable.

What I always thought was funny is that its hard to run from the cops with your pants around your knees.

FWIW, the motivation for my post was a teenaged, red-headed white guy. Ridiculous clothing choices are not the exclusive province of any race, gender or national origin.

It wasn't your post to which I was referring.

I find some of the comments in this thread shameful. The friendly front porch of aviation seems to be attached to a plantation house....

Texas is also full of people who like to put a lift on their trucks and destroy any utility that it has. Those people are compensating for something.

ROFL. A friend who races sports cars on weekends always points at lifted trucks that are obviously way over-done and beyond what's needed for serious off-roading and says...

"Does that thing come with a p---- holster?"

He's no stranger to lifting trucks for real off-roading and was the guy who showed me what block and tackle kit to buy when I was doing that with my Jeep(s) for pulling yourself through the ugly stuff with the winch. So it's really funny when he says it.

He worked his butt off on his off-road toys and his girlfriend just went and bought a ViaCross to beat him on their Moab excursions. We told her she cheated. ;)

To really get him going, you just have to spot a "ricer" modded car on the road with a fat tailpipe that sounds like one long continuous 4-cylinder fart.

He gets apoplectic with stuff like badging US-made cars with Honda racing stickers and putting downdraft fins on the trunks of front-wheel-drive cars. ;)

We were in a wedding once where there was a couple hours between the ceremony and the reception, and he had his driver's side seat out of his race car and a race the next day.

We made a quick run to his garage and fixed that problem, a couple of suburban doofuses in tuxedos with sweatshirts tossed on over them in a cold garage stuffing the seat and five-point harness back in there...

I forgot how low his car was and whacked myself hard on the head reaching across from the pax side to lift the seat in. Cheapest Chiropractic session I've ever had. Crrrrrack! Ooh. That's actually better!! Ahhh... My head hurts now!!

I thought he was going to laugh himself silly at that one.

Made the reception, no one knew we were even gone, and he beat his track time personal best the next day.

I love it when a plan comes together!

It wasn't your post to which I was referring.

I find some of the comments in this thread shameful. The friendly front porch of aviation seems to be attached to a plantation house....

he's probably one of the clowns that I see at the airports that look at me like I'm from another planet because I'm a pilot,,,, and don't speak. I don't fit his description of a blackman!!! Too bad:lol:

Last edited:
Hey, my Suburban is 2 Wheel Drive, but it is factory all the way. Like a big station wagon.

I have one of those, too - a big station wagon. Oldsmobile.

Not all of us were Hippie freaks. Speak for yourself.

:D

You must be REALLY old... :wink2:

15%252520Marquett_Outbound.jpg

I wore a pair of bell-bottoms to Six Flags one summer day when I was about 13 or so, brand new ones from the Army-Navy store (remember those?).

Since they had not been washed yet, at the end of a long hot day, my legs were a robust blue color. Took several days for them to normal-up.

I think the comments in here have gotten ridiculous.

I would urge you to please say these things to my generation's face instead of hiding in an aviation site.

I don't understand the "hip-hop" look. I saw a guy at a "family entertainment center" (arcade/pizza buffet?) that had almost all of his boxers showing, and his pants waist band LITERALLY around his knees. His pants even had a belt. I have no idea what was holding them up.

I almost wanted to go offer to buy him a new "functional" belt but I kept my comments to myself (and my girlfriend)

At least the subwoofer fanboys have put up some decent photos of where to run 8-gauge through the firewall. Voltage drop when the 100W HF rig is keyed on CW?! Hell no.

Sheeeeet, 4/0 , with a 1 farad cap yo . That takes care of the wattz loozed when I drop the maul on the 5 pill dawg. Ill cut ur lipz off with my whistle and forward swing, qamsolo and i'm gettin down break break.

Last edited:
he's probably one of the clowns that I see at the airports that look at me like I'm from another planet because I'm a pilot, and don't speak. I don't fit his description of a blackman!!! Too bad:lol:

Well apparently based on your "precautionary landing" thread you fit the description of a concientious pilot so I don't think anything else really matters!

That was a riot thanks for finding it.

Well apparently based on your "precautionary landing" thread you fit the description of a concientious pilot so I don't think anything else really matters!

That was a riot thanks for finding it.

Thanks, and you're right...nothing else really does matter to me because I know who I am. It's just appalling that I would come to an aviation forum and the last thing I'd expect to find is some racist, tasteless jokes about black drug dealers, pimps and criminals! What does any of that have to do with aviation? Sounds like he has a secret desire to be a part of that lifestyle.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Go see Redtails PLAYA

I think the OP has said this a few times but it is worth repeating. The individual in question, wearing this type of uniform is WHITE.

I see plenty of white kids, wearing this stuff, talking trash, and into the hip-hop scene. EM&EM wannabees I guess. :confused:

I think the OP has said this a few times but it is worth repeating. The individual in question, wearing this type of uniform is WHITE.

I see plenty of white kids, wearing this stuff, talking trash, and into the hip-hop scene. EM&EM wannabees I guess. :confused:

Absolutely no problem with the OP, let me make that clear. My issue is with the "playa"! His black jokes are appalling PERIOD. In my opinion, that crap is best left to your inner circle of playas not an aviation forum!

Drew, that is hilarious! I've heard that before, but forgot. Thanks for reposting that!

I would urge you to please say these things to my generation's face instead of hiding in an aviation site.

We're being "fair" ... not everyone in your generation is an idiot who doesn't know how to wear pants. :)

oh, and by the way....I grew up in Newark, NJ!
Respect to you for ignoring all that... I know because I've lived there for 15 years, now. I scored too well on that test... :D

You must have gone to the high school with the Ercoupe parked outside (Barringer). :D

Unfortunately, the theory that having more posts begets little tact or self control has survived this thread.

Absolutely no problem with the OP, let me make that clear. My issue is with the "playa"! His black jokes are appalling PERIOD. In my opinion, that crap is best left to your inner circle of playas not an aviation forum!

Redtail,

I'm sorry that you are appalled. I make jokes about EVERYONE, I don't pick on any group in particular. I don't discuss or joke about anything I would be willing to discuss or joke about face to face with any of my friends, black or white. The locale of which I spoke is in fact my neighborhood.

But I respect what you are saying. I say we just move on from here.

No hiding going on here - this is where I do my on-line socializing. Where should I post my observation if not here among my friends - perhaps at www.CommentOnCurrentQuasiHipHopRidiculousClothingTrends.com?

Now, I don't know which generation is "your" generation, but I know of no generation which is compelled by rule or convention to wear ballcaps with the bills straight, or pants which are falling off. Maybe I missed something.

There are plenty of practices and fashions which I find amusing or ridiculous (driving Smart cars in most American cities is another one...), and my disdain for the practice does not make these practices "wrong" or "right" - it simply means I find them amusing or silly.

Agree, disagree, your choice, but don't be offended if I comment about social behavior of the kind that you happen to practice; it is, after all, a free country, and if my opinion differs from yours, you can certainly say so.

Respect to you for ignoring all that... I know because I've lived there for 15 years, now. I scored too well on that test... :D

You must have gone to the high school with the Ercoupe parked outside (Barringer). :D

hahaha, no I went to Vailsburg freshman year but then I was fortunate enough to go to Irvington Tech for the remaining years. I studied and learned the electrical trade. Graduated salutatorian class of '84.

Cutler, I never said that our opinions on fashion. vehicles or what color the sky was differed at all. I'm just looking for everyone to calm down on the keyboard courage.

My understanding is that your role as Admin. is to help lead the site. I guess my expectation of the leadership was higher than the level of conversation in this thread.

Back to the aviation threads, Bill D.

FWIW, the motivation for my post was a teenaged, red-headed white guy. Ridiculous clothing choices are not the exclusive province of any race, gender or national origin.

Do the people in Texas also do that one pants leg rolled up the calf while the other pants leg is not rolled up thing?

Oh and Sac's quiz is funny. I was born and raised in SF for 20 years and one of my (many) favorite types of music is rap.

Kimberly

1. A black man approaches you and says in a quiet voice "Check it yo, I've got some phat assed killa." He means:

a) I have an overweight hit man availabe for hire.
b) I have some top grade marijuana for sale.
c) Please call the police, someone is trying to kill me.

The answer is b). The leading question, while on the surface sounds racist, is not. Hispanic, Asian and caucasion drug dealers would each have a different tag line. I would have bothered to put in appropriate questions for each in an equal share basis, except that I do not happen to be overly bothered with the concept of political correctness.

2. You approach Jamaal the pimp in front of his customized metallic chartreus Mercedes. He says to you "First up, check the blades on the benz." You proceed to:

a) Place all of your knives on the hood of his car.
b) Investigate an automotive cooling system issue.
c) Express admiration for his rims.

The answer is c). Blades are synonymous with rims. For whatever reason, pimps, even to this day, are enamored with large, oversized car rims and hydraulics much akin to heyday back in the mid '70's.

3. Yolanda, Jonesha and Latifa walk by. You say to your home boy:

a) "Them stank hoes gots ass for days!"
b) "Those poor girls really need to get more exercise."
c) "I wonder if they have boyfriends."

The answer is a). Here's the thing - in the ghetto, you NEVER give a woman any credit, certainly not in front of your enemies, and even not in front of your homies. You might beg for a little forgiveness and understanding in private with no one watching, but that's how it goes.

4. Match the following East Bay rappers with the symbolic messages below: E40, Spice 1 and Too $hort

a) Killing g's with a gat__________
b) Denegrating women__________
c) Dealing dope________________

b) Too $hort is the rapper from Oakland notorious for his songs about temporary and non-serious relationships. His world view on marriage and family differs from the traditional Western model.

a) Spice 1 was "discovered" by Too $hort, also a product of the Oakland rap scene. His thing is the enforcement end of ghetto thug life. Has he actually committed homicide with a nine millimeter? Probably not, his parents were probably middle class State workers and he probably attended Sunday school.

c) E40 is from right across the bay from Oakland, from V-Town (Vallejo). His thing is the business end of ghetto life style, as in dealing dope. Has he ever dealt dope? Probably. Has he ever smoked it? Look at him, he weighs over 300 lbs. Damn right.

5. You are walking down a street in North Oakland (I know you wouldn't, but let's say you are) and a man tells you he'll sell you a grill. The significance is:

a) George Foreman, like many aging athletes with an underprivileged upbringing, became destitute and is desparate for money.
b) The local Wal Mart got knocked off last week.
c) A local enterpraneur discovered a way to unload outdated niche jewelry items with limited value - sell it to the white folks driving through this part of town to get their "cultural experience."

c). Grills were a big thing back in the mid 80's and early 90's. They are a mettalic grid, typically studded with diamonds and constructed of gold or silver, that covers the front teeth. This form of jewelry is now considered passe, and holders of such are left with the value of the low karat gold and semi precious stones that comprise these behemoths.

LA face with an Oakland bootie.

Texas is also full of people who like to put a lift on their trucks and destroy any utility that it has. Those people are compensating for something.

They lift trucks in the "country" parts of California too. They say it is for wheelin' but then they drive them to work. With off road or snow tires the mpg is even worse. Silly.

They lift trucks in the "country" parts of California too. They say it is for wheelin' but then they drive them to work. With off road or snow tires the mpg is even worse. Silly.

I really like it when someone jacks up the rear end of a car to make room for big slicks... on a front-wheel-drive car! Snicker.

Whoops, guess I should have read the whole thread. I didn't mean to offend anyone. As you may know, SF is truly a place with EVERY nationality under the sun here.

I am the only "white person" in my circle of friends growing up (all the kids in my class were black, chinese, japanese, korean, vietnamese, filipino, italian, czech, and every race under the sun).

I remember when I was little they would say "you're not white, you're Kim" it was super cute. Kids are so innocent.

Some people, in fact A LOT of people think flying little airplanes is silly also.

I drive a Jeep. I could care less what mileage it gets, as long as it gets me where, and I mean almost anywhere I want to go. :)

Some people, in fact A LOT of people think flying little airplanes is silly also.

I drive a Jeep. I could care less what mileage it gets, as long as it gets me where, and I mean almost anywhere I want to go. :)

I "get it" - the BF and his friends do the Rubicon / wheeling thing. You can walk faster than those rock crawlers but I agree with you - when some folks find out how slow my airplane flies, how little baggage (if any) it can carry, they think it is pointless.

Very, very few people I knew in High School or college dressed anywhere, remotely near that. Maybe flared pants here or there, but no beads, no shoulder length hair (very rare) or other styles that were most definitely associated with the fringe.

Were you an Okie from Muskokie?

Dan

Were you an Okie from Muskokie?

Dan

Suburban kid from Philly.

Seriously, the majority of teens/20's did not dress like you describe. Again, it was more of a fringe thing. Sure styles trickle down, but go look at some street scenes, films, pic etc from the era, and most people, while they may have had slightly longer hair did not get into all that stuff.

Where you from San Fran and the Haight?

Last edited:

I got your jeep thing, but now it burns when I pee :dunno:

Back