Bad Friday....

Zeldman

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Billy
Friday the 12th.

I report at 9am for brain surgery.

I mean dental surgery. I always get those two mixed up.

But I am a little leery of the dental chair....
5137472333_d2f905dbab_z.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, but you can't beat those hot looking dental assistant babes! They put on a mask and gloves, lean over you, and then hurt you with sharp instruments for an hour or so. Amazingly, it's legal and insurance even pays for it. Downtown, the same thing costs $100 and you can get arrested.

Last time I went for dental surgery to remove a cyst I triend chatting up the cute nurse, just idle chit chat, asked how long she had been doing this as she was getting me ready, said it was actually her first week in the job. Of course I asked where she had been working before that, she replied

At the Vets office next door..................

HEY DOC WAIT JUST A SEC"...............

Yeah, but you can't beat those hot looking dental assistant babes! They put on a mask and gloves, lean over you, and then hurt you with sharp instruments for an hour or so. Amazingly, it's legal and insurance even pays for it. Downtown, the same thing costs $100 and you can get arrested.

Yup. Painful.

dental.jpg

Friday the 12th.

I report at 9am for brain surgery.

I mean dental surgery. I always get those to mixed up.

But I am a little leery of the dental chair....
5137472333_d2f905dbab_z.jpg

Ever see the movie, "The Dentist"?

Awful day. I had to walk in through a warm, driving rain. Too hot for rain gear, and I have to carry all my heavy weather gear for the ice and snow tonight.

Last time I went for dental surgery to remove a cyst I triend chatting up the cute nurse, just idle chit chat, asked how long she had been doing this as she was getting me ready, said it was actually her first week in the job. Of course I asked where she had been working before that, she replied

At the Vets office next door..................

HEY DOC WAIT JUST A SEC"...............
You were lucky. Any vet tech has better, gentler handling skills than any nurse. If they don't, they get bit and scratched. And if they can find a vein the size of angel hair pasta, then can easily hit you veins, which look like garden hoses to them.

I am alive.

I was under the drip, not gas. I remember hearing the conversation between the dental surgeon and his assistant. Only took one person to walk me from the chair to the car. And I am still higher than a kite....

Workin' in the coal mine... going down, down, down....

Workin' in the coal mine whoops, I'm gonna slip dooown.....

Lost the high, a little discomfort but no need for pain pills...... yet.

We had a full thirty degree drop in temperature today in constant precipitation. For my walk home it was well below freezing with a slick coating of ice on most surfaces. Thankfully this morning I had the prescience to pack in my Gortex pants and crampons. Trashed my umbrella but mostly made short work of the journey. Alls we’ll that ends well, especially if it’s followed by a couple beers. Steingar the StormWalker.

Definitely lost the high. I am feeling really tired, but I still don't need a pain pill.

Still swollen but the bleeding has stopped.

The problem with sleeping is that no matter how I place my head on the pillow there is pressure on my face.

Maybe I'll take a Hydrocodone with a glass of rum..... Reckon that will help me sleep, or should I sleep sitting in a recliner.???

We had a full thirty degree drop in temperature today in constant precipitation. For my walk home it was well below freezing with a slick coating of ice on most surfaces. Thankfully this morning I had the prescience to pack in my Gortex pants and crampons. Trashed my umbrella but mostly made short work of the journey. Alls we’ll that ends well, especially if it’s followed by a couple beers. Steingar the StormWalker.

I will definitely trade you a walk in the cold rain for how I feel right now...

Back