Bad Elf developing ADS-B receiver with AHRS for $449

$399 if you sign up soon. Tempting, even though delivery is expected summer 2016.

Re-manufactured RPi Stratux in a nice box?

But its got "aviation grade" components apparently (makes all the difference !!) , whatever that means :rolleyes2:

ForeFlight is not included in their list of compatible apps for a start.

Good. This technology is becoming commoditized and prices are falling. It will put downward price pressure on the Stratus 2 and 2s also.

But its got "aviation grade" components apparently (makes all the difference !!) , whatever that means :rolleyes2:

ForeFlight is not included in their list of compatible apps for a start.

I have to admit that FF's exclusive attitude is starting to turn me off. I use FF as it is a good product but so is FlyQ and they don't try and tell me which hardware I have to buy. My renewal is coming up in January, hmmm...

I have to admit that FF's exclusive attitude is starting to turn me off. I use FF as it is a good product but so is FlyQ and they don't try and tell me which hardware I have to buy. My renewal is coming up in January, hmmm...

I agree but it is the same reason why the are apple only. Complete control.

I agree. I don't care for the exclusivity between FF and Stratusx. :nono: Then the fact FF is only Apple, really turns me off.

They both lost my business,.that's for sure.

I have to say that I love FlyQ. I use the portable Sky Radar D2 and am sure the Bad Elf will work just as well... What a huge difference in flight awareness and feeling safer.

How do you know that's the reason? Do you have access to the agreement between Apple and FF? Do you work for either?

It's fashionable to bash exclusivity but there's usually a good reason for it. Yelling "control freak"! isn't necessarily a valid one. There could be many explanations for it.

How do you know that's the reason? Do you have access to the agreement between Apple and FF? Do you work for either?

It's fashionable to bash exclusivity but there's usually a good reason for it. Yelling "control freak"! isn't necessarily a valid one. There could be many explanations for it.

I am not a developer but I don't see a reason why Apple and FF would have an agreement. I was not calling them control freaks. The FF guys and other developers have stated that it is easier to develop on iOS because you know exactly what it will be used on and the performance/specs of that device. I know FF extensively tests the application on iPads, iPhones and the iWatch. With Android that is impossible. The decision is simply a strategic product and user experience one.

BTW I am a FF user

Back