Bad Day For a Cessna Pilot...

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Went flying today and this was parked on the row in front of me. Not sure what happened. Ramp folks told me this happened on TO...:(:(IMG_1186.JPG IMG_1187.JPG IMG_1189.JPG

Ouch.... looks expensive!

Bad Day for a Cessna pilot! ;)
Beat me to it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_441_Conquest_II

Cessna_441_Conquest_II_AN0841419.jpg

Darn.... nice plane. Hope it flies again.

Did a moose get on the runway again..???

Honked up nose strut, bent props and wet barrels under both engines... might be a total out by the insurance company.

Just talked to a friend and he said the C-441 was damaged on landing, "it was a bad landing that busted the nose gear off". He sent me a picture of him (taken by another friend) landing past the C-441 on the runway...:(

edit: I wonder if insurance will cover a mistake like that by the pilot?

Last edited:
Just talked to a friend and he said the C-441 was damaged on landing, "it was a bad landing that busted the nose gear off". He sent me a picture of him (taken by another friend) landing past the C-441 on the runway...:(

edit: I wonder if insurance will cover a mistake like that by the pilot?
Absolutely insurance would cover it. That's what insurance does. However, their version of "cover it" may be here's a check for less than the cost of repairs, so there's that.

So if I read correctly, this plane had a take off incident in Deadhorse 16 months earlier then the landing incident in Juneau.??

I think I know where I should send a resume....
And " kathrynsreport said the nose gear collapsed". Not sure that is how I would word it. Collapsed to me means it folded toward a gear up position. I would say the strut sheared off due to a hard landing..:(

And " kathrynsreport said the nose gear collapsed". Not sure that is how I would word it. Collapsed to me means it folded toward a gear up position. I would say the strut sheared off due to a hard landing..:(

Yeah, I didn't understand "nose gear collapsed" comment either. It looks more like the nose gear may have touched ground first, breaking the fork off. I only have 1 hour flight time and 3 landings in a 441 but that thing lands like sitting on pillows.

Back