Back to the Airlines

Why ask about heaviest airplane? I've taken off in a 407k 767-300ER and it was easy as pie (just don't overspeed the flaps). Back into the terminal area? Piece of cake. Of the two the 75 takes more planning because it doesn't want to slow down. Maybe it's an airbus thing?

Most difficult airplane to fly in my career? T-38. Underpowered, under-winged and only weighed about 10k# if I remember correctly. 4k# of fuel full I remember...

For me, it was the real world vs the sim. Heavy airplanes are of zero consequence in the sim or other controlled environment.
Heading into ATL during rush hour on the other hand, with a descending short approach after being issued a 250 speed, can be a bit challenging. Remember FOQUA reports unstabalized at 1000 feet.

That doesn't happen in training.

Captain,

Congrats! Hope you enjoy.

But I'm curious if you truly have enough experience for that plane. What's the heaviest FA you've poked?

:)

Enjoy.

Captain,

Congrats! Hope you enjoy.

But I'm curious if you truly have enough experience for that plane. What's the heaviest FA you've poked?

:)

Enjoy.

LOL. They aren't all lik the legacies, Tim. Some carriers actually have nice looking flight attendants. :yes::D:

Why don't you guys just go get the ruler out...

I'm not interested in measuring anything. I guess some don't like that I think a plane is easy to fly...despite engineers going out of their way to make something easy to fly. What ever.

I'm not interested in measuring anything. I guess some don't like that I think a plane is easy to fly...despite engineers going out of their way to make something easy to fly. What ever.

So I guess while we more lowly pilots argue about "high wing" vs "low wing", etc, airline pilots have their own petty squabbles about design differences. :lol:

I was working on the Bus when the first ones came out.......the really scary halloween bugs have been worked out by now........but I do have some fun stories.......basically good machines just not as long lasting as the Boeings.........

Never IMO

The subconscious reason the folks in the back feel safe is because they know the guys up front are human and have skin in the game.

And they're not reading what the pros up front post in their off hours:D!!!

Bunch a lightweights, the heaviest aircraft I've flown was one and a quarter TONS and to top that off I owned it! :rolleyes:

Back