(BA) New Business Card Design

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I'd like your opinion on a new business card design. (BA=Barely Aviation)

Attachments

• metzair_buscard.jpg
    metzair_buscard.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 105
as long as it prints that clearly it looks great. ive seen a lot of cards that probably looked really great at that size but when put on a card it was just too much color and hard to read anything. id rather just see a very simple boring black print on white background (what mine are) than not be able to read the card.

as long as it prints that clearly it looks great. ive seen a lot of cards that probably looked really great at that size but when put on a card it was just too much color and hard to read anything. id rather just see a very simple boring black print on white background (what mine are) than not be able to read the card.

Another option is to put the color photo (with no text or logo) on one side, and the b/w card on the flip side.

-Skip

I think it looks great. Print it on regular paper befor going to a printer or doing it yourself. As others have said, it might not translate as well or with the same feeling!

I think it looks nice, but I'd go with white print on the small font instead of blue.

Do the two letters in the wings need to be of different colors?
Nice card!

I think it looks nice, but I'd go with white print on the small font instead of blue.

I agree. The blue print is a little hard to read. I think either white or the yellow used for the other lettering would be better.

I've printed it out on photo paper, and changed the blue text to white, as the printed output is always darker than on-screen.

The two letters on the Logo are different colors because there's an associated MetzAir mark that would be used for something like a vehicle or airplane side, the way FedEx is registered to Federal Express.

Thanks for all your input!

I've printed it out on photo paper, and changed the blue text to white, as the printed output is always darker than on-screen.

The two letters on the Logo are different colors because there's an associated MetzAir mark that would be used for something like a vehicle or airplane side, the way FedEx is registered to Federal Express.

Thanks for all your input!

Tim, you might try "ghosting" the background image a bit and keeping the letters blue. That might make them pop out a little better.

Here's the final front and back comp - black borders are where the crop may occur.

Frank, I did try putting some effects to surround the blue text, but the text is so small that the effect had to be "too big" to get the job done. So white text is used instead.

Attachments

• tim_business_card_composite.jpg
    tim_business_card_composite.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 31
I like it, too. One suggestion you might want to try. Fade the background. In photoshop, take that background layer and bring up the brightness and lower the contrast. Another approach would be to put a translucent white layer in front of the background, but behind everything else. The background is beautiful, but it might draw attention away from your real message.

Ditto - ya need a bit more contrast for those letters - I LOVE the idea, Tim.

oops - already sent it off - with changes! ... well, I love the idea AND the execution! :)

Last edited:
Back