B-17G QUALIFIED QUAIL

Pat Flyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Patrick
Merry Christmas to all.

It is my great pleasure to announce the publication of "B-17G Qualified Quail I'll Bring Them Home" is now available.

So many fell, so many planes with their crews of young men doing their job for "God and Country" over foreign lands. They came from all over the United States and the average age was under 21. When the crews were given a plane they put all their hopes, dreams and trust in that machine. Their B-17 became a part of the crew just the same as all of them. They needed their ship to take care of them. This is the story of one who vowed to do so. Qualified Quail had a dream. She wanted to get her boys back. She wanted them to have a life. She decided she'd get them home !

The book is available from amazon.com or Barnes & Noble or can be ordered by any book shop.
If you would like a signed copy, everything is explained here: http://www.qualified-quail.com/2014/12/she-has-returned-qualified-quail-is-back.html

All the best for the up coming next year.

Patrick

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the hardback and paperback editions

Attachments

• IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 36
Sounds like a good read for my father's upcoming BD
:)
Thanks
(except, he flew -F models)

The bloody 100th is the real deal. Look up Rosie's riveters, or royal flush flown by Robert Rosenthal. Amazing person with over fifty missions.Cowboy Rhone, big frank Valesh, who flew 7 ( seven different B17s ) all named " hang the expense" . Most were shot out from under him but he brought them all either home or to a crashed landing where everyone survived , on English soil. The book is " Flying Fortress" by frank jabonsky, a well written history of the airplane and the 100th which is famous.

The bloody 100th is the real deal. Look up Rosie's riveters, or royal flush flown by Robert Rosenthal. Amazing person with over fifty missions.Cowboy Rhone, big frank Valesh, who flew 7 ( seven different B17s ) all named " hang the expense" . Most were shot out from under him but he brought them all either home or to a crashed landing where everyone survived , on English soil. The book is " Flying Fortress" by frank jabonsky, a well written history of the airplane and the 100th which is famous.

Long out of print. I'd love to find a copy. I remember reading that book in high school (late 1960s).

Hello Jim,
Thanks for the comment. I agree about Jablonsky's book it is a good one and I'm happy to have a copy in my bookshelf.

NEW INFORMATION concerning my book.
2015 starts well !!!
Thanks to exchange rate the prices have comme down in a good way.
The previous link for downloading the order form has been canceled.
Here is the new one: http://ahp.li/d/cfec23ebcb83c9fadf1d.pdf
All orders placed using the old form will automaticaly be billed the new prices.

Have a good year and fly safe.

Back